How to Reach Santorini - The Easiest Way to Reach Santorini
HOW TO GET TO SANTORINI
- By Air: The domestic Airport is near Fira and you can get flights to this place from Athens and some other major cities. It is best to arrange hotel transfer in advance.
- By Sea: From the port of Piraeus (Athens) to the new port of Athinos Santorini, 9 hours or 7 hours of journey will take you to Santorini. The best and quickest sea travel is on high-speed catamarans and takes around 5 hours.
- By Ship/ Cruiseliner: You will be able to dock at the Old Port in Fira. Travelling by sea is weather dependent, especially in winter.
HOW TO GET AROUND SANTORINI
- By Bus: You will find buses to all the towns but from there on you will need to walk from there onwards. Also, buses are not always on time here.
- Car Rentals: You can rent a car but you will need an international license and the traffic is quite erratic, so avoid this as far as possible.
- By Scooters and Quad Bikes: These are the best way to get around the island on your own. You will easily get them on hire and it shouldn’t be a problem getting around on them either.
- By Taxis: There aren’t many taxis so it is better to reserve a guide and a taxi in advance during the planning stage of your visit. But this is a convenient and easy way to travel.
- Hiking or walking: Hiking or walking is ideal when exploring sites like the ancient Thira or Akrotiri.
Are you looking for a Santorini travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Ask question in category
Simply click on Ask a Question to add question
How to Reach Santorini from Nearby Cities
|Fira to Santorini||4.27 km||4 mins|
|Naxos to Santorini||71.79 km||1 hour 11 mins|
|Mikonos to Santorini||106.8 km||1 hour 46 mins|
|Çesme to Santorini||214.47 km||3 hours 34 mins|
|Athens to Santorini||250.77 km||4 hours 10 mins|
|Piraeus to Santorini||258.03 km||4 hours 18 mins|
|Izmir to Santorini||273.74 km||4 hours 33 mins|
|Thessaloniki to Santorini||516.95 km||8 hours 36 mins|
|Bursa to Santorini||548.18 km||9 hours 8 mins|