Nea KameniCurrently Open
- Address: Nea Kameni 847 00, Greece, Santorini
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Water Body, View Point, Family And Kids
Nea Kameni is one of the two Volcanic Islands of Santorini. Being the larger one it is also the one that is closer to Santorini Islands. It is quite easy to find a ferry or boat to reach this island through the western side of the island.
The volcano is now dormant and the whole area is studded with dark cliffs that are a stunning sight to see. You can even choose to hike up to the top of this volcanic mountain. The view from this vantage point is certainly mesmerizing and worth the effort.
The interesting part of the island is that there are quite a few tiny craters that still spew magma here. It is certainly a fascinating experience to see these active spots on the mountain.
One of the most dramatic locations in Santorini, Greece, Nea Kameni offers you a communion with nature. Due to this, Nea Kameni is a popular attraction to visit. Although you can explore this attraction on your own, it is always better to book tickets for Nea Kameni tours with us for a better experience. From Nea Kameni tickets to transport, we arrange everything for you. If you buy tickets for Nea Kameni tours in time, chances are that you might get Nea Kameni ticket prices at discounted rates. Getting tickets for Nea Kameni was never that easy!
- It costs 2 euros if you want to hike to the top of the mountain.
- Be careful and watch out for any warnings regarding the active craters before planning your visit.
- There are no opening times but you will easily find boats to take you to the islands between 10:00 and 5:00 pm.
- The best way to reach Nea Kameni is to take up a guided tour to it.
- Different tours have different prices.
- Ferry Stations.
- There are no eateries on the island. Either pack a lunch or you can plan a lunch back on the main island.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Santorini before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Santorini and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.45% of people who visit Santorini include Nea Kameni in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.49% of people start their Nea Kameni visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Nea Kameni
92.6% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nea Kameni