Are you looking for what to do in Santorini?
THINGS TO DO
Santorini in itself is one of the natural wonders of the world with its contrasting landscape and seascape. Beaches, ancient sites and quaint little villages make this place full of surprises.
- The Archaeological site of Akrotiri: It was only in the recent years that the remains of an ancient community buried in a volcanic eruption have been discovered here so the area is largely unexplored. You will also be able to see the ruins of a Venitian Castle and a few churches from the medieval period.
- Museum of Prehistoric Thira: The museum of Prehistoric Thera is a definite must visit while in Santorini. This popular museum is one of the many that beautifully illustrate the history of the ancient and mysterious land of Greece but this one is perhaps one of the most interesting and the best in the region.
- White Beach: The White Beach is located in the area called Perissa. Although you will be able to find several beaches with the same name all over Santorini this one located not far from Fira is sure to be a real delight for the traveler.
- Red Beach: The Stunning Red Beach near Akrotiri is a lovely tourist attraction. Tourists certainly swear by it and it is one of the most picturesque and dramatic locations in the Santorini area. The sharp red stone cliffs in the background give the beach both its name and its popularity. Travelers find this lovely beach a haven of refuge in the hot Greek summer.
- Other Beaches: Perivolo & Monolithossare both Well-equipped beaches with bars and restaurants. Agios Georgios is a lesser known beach at the southern tip. It is a Great venue for water sports and beach bars.
- Other Activities: You can get horseback rides if you wish to. Scuba diving and snorkeling is very popular. Santorini is a very important wedding destination as well.
- Nightlife: Santorini is famous for its vibrant nightlife. If you are a nightlife you should look out for hotels in Oia, Fira or Kamari. These are the places to be at night! The nightlife combines the traditional with the contemporary making it an absolute delight for the party goers.
The beautiful city of Santorini offers a range of activities and attractions to the world of tourism and is thus one of the best travel destinations in the world. From activities such as swimming to sunbathing and from historical to natural attractions, Santorini is suffused with locations that inspire awe and reverence. From the cliffs of Oia, you can view spectacular sunsets or you can bathe in the hot springs surrounding the Santorini Volcano (Kameni). Santorini is also home to several wineries and is especially known for its strong reds. Some of the famous wineries here are: Boutari Winery, where you can spend a whole day tasting your favourite wines. Historical attractions in Santorini include: Ancient Thira, Ancient Akrotiri, Museum of Prehistoric Thira and Thira Maritime Museum. There is an array of wonderful beaches such as Kamari Beach, Amoudi Bay, and Red Beach that exude ultimate beauty and the quintessential spirit of Santorini.
Below we have a list of things to do in Santorini and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Santorini getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Santorini with confidence.