Located in the Southern tip of Hainan islands, Sanya is a prefectural-level city in the Southeast China and is the second largest in the Hainan Province. The city is a renowned transport and communication hub in the region. It is also an important centre of foreign trade in China, thus earning the moniker ‘The South Gate of China’. Over the years, the city emphasized attracting more and more visitors by developing its tourist attractions.
Over the years, Sanya was addressed using different names like Yazhou (Cliff’s state), TianyaHaijiao (The end of the earth) and Yaxian. During the second Sino-Japanese war, Japan annexed the area and renamed it as Sanya. It was then turned into the Imperial Japanese army’s second fleet. In the year 1912, it was taken over by the People’s liberation Army and finally after 37 years, the city of Sanya was officially incorporated.
The itineraries of Sanya are filled with an alluring coastline bustling with a lot of tourists, probably why the place is nicknamed ‘China’s Hawaai’. The city possesses an ideal topography with verdant mountains encircling the place on the three sides, while the blue water constantly hitting the shore. These mountains split Sanya into different textures of terrain, are so beautiful that the city constantly remains on the trip planners of numerous tourists, especially the Russians residing at Dadong Hai.
As you explore the natural wonders of Sanya, you will come across a plenty of coconut palms and lush green gardens. The City houses a two Tourism zones that acquaint you with the themes of Buddhism and ancient cultural aspects with its life-like sculptures. Also, there are so many activities to do at its scenic beach resorts and adventure sports centres.
While at Sanya, there are some activities you must absolutely try for a memorable trip. Take part in sports like jet-skiing, rainforest hiking and Snorkelling, have a swim in the waters on a lousy evening and try their delectable local food. So, add Sanya to your vacation planners immediately and visit this beautiful place in your next holiday.
Essential travel information and Sanya tips for your visit
- Currency- Currency used in Sanya is Chinese Yuan.
- Electricity- China uses generally 220V, 50HZ, AC (Hong Kong is 200V; Taiwan is 110V). In addition, you can use the two-pin sockets easily in China with your two-prong plugs.
- Internet- 3G and 4G Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages- Language spoken in Sanya is Standard Mandarin.
- Security- Fire: 119, Police: 110, Ambulance: 120, Traffic: 122
- Tipping- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Chinese people like to converse very loudly and passionately at times, and it can be easy to mistake this for an argument.
Sanya Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Sanya. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Sanya trip planner.