How to Reach Sanya
- By Air : Sanya’s Phoenix airport has about 103 domestic flights to cities like Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc. and 3 international services to places including Hong Kong and Taipei. The city, which is about 13 kilometres from the airport, can be reached through Taxis and buses.
- By Train : Direct trains from Sanya depart towards Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
- By Cruise : Sanya has cruise services to Hong Kong and Halong Bay.
- By Bus : Buses run from Sanya to Haikou at frequent intervals (about 30 minutes).
- On Foot : If you’re staying at one of the beach areas, then you can get to most of the sightseeing places on foot.
- By Bus : If something isn’t within walking distance, then the most economical way to get around is take a local bus which charges you around 1 Yuan.
- By Car : Car rentals are available at Sanya for about 160-1500 Yuan per day depending on the model. You have to deposit extra money in order to rent one though. Also, you might be needing a Chinese License as the international ones are not valid.
- By Taxi : More than 1000 taxis serve Sanya every day. You can get to most places by hiring a taxi, but remember to bargain with the drivers before you go anywhere.
- By Motorbike : Motorbikes can also be rented in the city by shelling out some Yuan along with the deposit.