How to Reach Sao Paulo - The Easiest Way to Reach Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo is the biggest city in Brazil and is well connected by all major airlines flying in to the Aeroporto Guarulhos, the international airport.
- If you’re traveling on a budget, a bus is the best option for you. There are three main terminals in Sao Paulo all a part of the Metro network and well connected. Local as well as international buses leave from these terminals. If you’re taking the bus across borders, make sure you have the visas (if applicable) for every country you drive by.
- You could also rent a car and drive to Sao Paulo but this can turn out to be an expensive affair if you’re an international traveler.
- Sao Paulo has an excellent subway system with stops all over the city. The best way to see the city would be taking the metro to a particular stop, exploring the area on foot and then taking the metro to another station. Given the density of traffic on the streets, taking the subway is your best bet.
- There are two main transfer points for the buses, Praça da República and the Terminal Bandeiras. Buses are a rather convenient alternative although you could expect some delays due to traffic constraints.
- Renting a car is another option, but given that the roads are crowded at the best of times- if you’re not accustomed to the traffic, refrain from taking to the streets here.
- If all else fails, hail a taxi but keep in mind they can be expensive. There are two types of taxis in Sao Paulo, the White Taxi and the Radio Cabs. White taxis are the ones you’ll see waiting in line on the streets while the radio cabs are operated by private operators where the rates and pre-determined and can be booked online.
Are you looking for a Sao Paulo travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Sao Paulo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sao Paulo. The most preferred mode of transport in Sao Paulo is Car.
Average distance: 15.1 km Average time: 51.44 min
Car 42.96%Driving 49.28 min Walking 0.39 min Overall average time for 17.04 kms 49.67 min
Train/Metro 14.79%Train 40.48 min Walking 11.57 min Waiting 8.29 min Bus 6.9 min Tram 1.9 min Other 1.43 min Overall average time for 21.62 kms 70.57 min
Motorbike 5.63%Motorbike 33.75 min Overall average time for 16.25 kms 33.75 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.61%Bus 39 min Walking 10 min Waiting 9.24 min Train 3 min Overall average time for 12.8 kms 61.24 min
Walking 9.86%Walking 20.43 min Bus 4.64 min Train 3.36 min Waiting 2.86 min Other 1.36 min Driving 1.07 min Overall average time for 4.45 kms 33.71 min
Bike 4.93%Bike 24.57 min Walking 1.43 min Other 1.43 min Overall average time for 7.46 kms 27.43 min
How to Reach Sao Paulo from Nearby Cities
|Jundiaí to Sao Paulo||52.67 km||55 mins|
- How to reach Sao Vicente
- How to reach Cabreúva
- How to reach Salesópolis
- How to reach Campos Do Jordao
- How to reach Águas Da Prata
- How to reach Paraty
- How to reach São José Do Rio Pardo
- How to reach Santa Rita Do Passa Quatro
- How to reach Paraguaçu
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Belo Horizonte
- How to reach Recife
- How to reach Joao Pessoa
- How to reach Belem
- How to reach Porto Alegre