How to Reach Sao Paulo
The Easiest Way to Reach Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo is the biggest city in Brazil and is well connected by all major airlines flying in to the Aeroporto Guarulhos, the international airport.
- If you’re traveling on a budget, a bus is the best option for you. There are three main terminals in Sao Paulo all a part of the Metro network and well connected. Local as well as international buses leave from these terminals. If you’re taking the bus across borders, make sure you have the visas (if applicable) for every country you drive by.
- You could also rent a car and drive to Sao Paulo but this can turn out to be an expensive affair if you’re an international traveler.
- Sao Paulo has an excellent subway system with stops all over the city. The best way to see the city would be taking the metro to a particular stop, exploring the area on foot and then taking the metro to another station. Given the density of traffic on the streets, taking the subway is your best bet.
- There are two main transfer points for the buses, Praça da República and the Terminal Bandeiras. Buses are a rather convenient alternative although you could expect some delays due to traffic constraints.
- Renting a car is another option, but given that the roads are crowded at the best of times- if you’re not accustomed to the traffic, refrain from taking to the streets here.
- If all else fails, hail a taxi but keep in mind they can be expensive. There are two types of taxis in Sao Paulo, the White Taxi and the Radio Cabs. White taxis are the ones you’ll see waiting in line on the streets while the radio cabs are operated by private operators where the rates and pre-determined and can be booked online.
Modes of Transportation in Sao Paulo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sao Paulo. The most preferred mode of transport in Sao Paulo is Car.
Average distance: 14.71 km Average time: 48.74 min
Car 43.88%Driving 46.6 min Walking 0.47 min Overall average time for 16.5 kms 47.07 min
Walking 12.24%Walking 19.25 min Train 3.92 min Bus 2.92 min Waiting 1.67 min Other 1.58 min Driving 1.25 min Overall average time for 4.53 kms 30.58 min
Motorbike 7.14%Motorbike 30.71 min Overall average time for 16.14 kms 30.71 min
Bus/Trolleybus 15.31%Bus 42.67 min Waiting 11.4 min Walking 9.13 min Train 2.33 min Overall average time for 14.35 kms 65.53 min
Train/Metro 12.24%Train 40.83 min Walking 12.75 min Waiting 8 min Bus 4.58 min Tram 3.33 min Other 1.25 min Overall average time for 21.58 kms 70.75 min
Bike 5.1%Bike 20.4 min Walking 2 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 7.1 kms 24.4 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Ouro Preto
- How To Reach Maceio
- How To Reach Florianopolis
- How To Reach Balneario Camboriu
- How To Reach Bonito
- How To Reach Aracaju
- How To Reach Porto Seguro
- How To Reach Manaus
- How To Reach Natal
- How To Reach Fortaleza
- Cities Near Sao Paulo
- How To Reach Rio De Janeiro
- How To Reach Belo Horizonte
- How To Reach Recife
- How To Reach Joao Pessoa
- How To Reach Belem
- How To Reach Porto Alegre
- How To Reach Campos Do Jordao
- How To Reach Armacao Dos Buzios
- How To Reach Foz Do Iguacu
- How To Reach Petropolis