How to Reach Sao Paulo, Brazil
The Easiest Way to Reach Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo is the biggest city in Brazil and is well connected by all major airlines flying in to the Aeroporto Guarulhos, the international airport.
- If you’re traveling on a budget, a bus is the best option for you. There are three main terminals in Sao Paulo all a part of the Metro network and well connected. Local as well as international buses leave from these terminals. If you’re taking the bus across borders, make sure you have the visas (if applicable) for every country you drive by.
- You could also rent a car and drive to Sao Paulo but this can turn out to be an expensive affair if you’re an international traveler.
- Sao Paulo has an excellent subway system with stops all over the city. The best way to see the city would be taking the metro to a particular stop, exploring the area on foot and then taking the metro to another station. Given the density of traffic on the streets, taking the subway is your best bet.
- There are two main transfer points for the buses, Praça da República and the Terminal Bandeiras. Buses are a rather convenient alternative although you could expect some delays due to traffic constraints.
- Renting a car is another option, but given that the roads are crowded at the best of times- if you’re not accustomed to the traffic, refrain from taking to the streets here.
- If all else fails, hail a taxi but keep in mind they can be expensive. There are two types of taxis in Sao Paulo, the White Taxi and the Radio Cabs. White taxis are the ones you’ll see waiting in line on the streets while the radio cabs are operated by private operators where the rates and pre-determined and can be booked online.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Sao Paulo and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Sao Paulo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sao Paulo. The most preferred mode of transport in Sao Paulo is Car.
Average distance: 15.05 km Average time: 50.05 min
Car 41.74%Driving 47 min Walking 0.42 min Overall average time for 16.32 kms 47.42 min
Train/Metro 15.65%Train 41.67 min Walking 12.11 min Waiting 7.72 min Bus 5.56 min Tram 2.22 min Other 1.67 min Overall average time for 22.17 kms 70.94 min
Motorbike 6.96%Motorbike 33.75 min Overall average time for 16.25 kms 33.75 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.52%Bus 38.42 min Waiting 10.05 min Walking 9.37 min Train 3.95 min Overall average time for 13.52 kms 61.79 min
Walking 10.43%Walking 19.25 min Train 3.92 min Bus 2.92 min Waiting 1.67 min Other 1.58 min Driving 1.25 min Overall average time for 4.53 kms 30.58 min
Bike 4.35%Bike 20.4 min Walking 2 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 7.1 kms 24.4 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Sao Paulo
- How to reach Embu-guaçu
- How to reach Vargem Grande Paulista
- How to reach São Lourenço Da Serra
- How to reach Sao Vicente
- How to reach Paulinia
- How to reach Cosmópolis
- How to reach Artur Nogueira
- How to reach Campos Do Jordao
- How to reach Paraty
- How to Reach Top Cities in Brazil
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Belo Horizonte
- How to reach Recife
- How to reach Joao Pessoa
- How to reach Belem
- How to reach Porto Alegre
- How to reach Boa Saúde
- How to reach Planaltina
- How to reach Quixeramobim
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Cranberry Isles
- How to reach Buckfield
- How to reach Diamond Point