Theatro Municipal, Sao PauloCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Praça Ramos de Azevedo, s/n - República, São Paulo - SP, 01037-010, Brazil, Sao Paulo
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-1130532100
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
About Theatro Municipal, Sao Paulo
Yet another masterpiece of the city that is Sao Paulo, the Theatro Municipal is considered to be one of the grade edifices. Built in the early 1900's the theatre is said to have been inspired by the Paris Opera and till date hosts many a shows that continue to attract droves of crowd. The city's most splendid vocal and theatrical performances are conducted in the theatre's auditorium with its gold leaf, marbles and mirrors, etc. Even if you can't catch a show here, be sure to take a guided tour of the place and the museum that's adjacent to the theatre.
Theatro Municipal Information
- The only way to tour the theatre is by guided tours which are free of cost. If you want to catch a performance or a show here, regular ticket prices apply.
- Guided tours are conducted on all days except Sundays and Mondays.
- Tours are conducted every 3 hours starting from 11 am on the weekdays and on an hourly basis on Saturdays.
How To reach Theatro Municipal by Public Transport
- Anhangabau (Metro Station)
- Parada Teatro Municipal (Bus stop)
Restaurants Near Theatro Municipal
- Burger King
- Gino Pizzaria
- Ponto Chic
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sao Paulo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sao Paulo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Theatro Municipal, Sao Paulo Reviews
Beautiful architecture. If you're not into this kind of theaters, you will feel like being in a place in the past or in Europe... Great musical and arts performance in general. Definitely a must go in São Paulo.
It's a really beautiful place, where I had one of the most experience of my life.
The theater is so beautiful, but so many homeless people outside
Amazing place on the city. Tickets price vary a lot, great acoustics. Classic music fans on SP you just found the right spot.
Love this place! Great time, great operas here!