Clock TowerCurrently Open [Closes at 05:10 pm]
- Address: 2-1-1 Kita 1 Jonishi, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 060-0001, Japan, Sapporo-shi
- Timings: 08:45 am - 05:10 pm Details
- Phone: +81-112310838
- Ticket Price: 200 JPY
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tower
Built in 1878, the Clock Tower was originally built for military drills for the Sapporo Agricultural College. The first floor rooms were used as lecture rooms, exhibition halls and laboratories for the college.
Today, the classic building still remains one of the oldest structures in Sapporo and is loved for its old-world charm, classic functioning clock and simple architecture.
Do visit the place during evenings (especially in winter season when the clock is lit up while the building is covered in snow).
- A restroom is outside of the building.
- There is no equipment which keeps luggage such as a coin-operated locker. Eating and drinking are not allowed inside of the building.
- There are no vending machines in the building.
- A shop for visitors is in the building.
- Lift for wheelchair is available.
- No Parking provided.
- Adult: 200 Yen
- Free for children (Younger than high school).
- Adult group of more than 20 people: 180 Yen per person
- Admission closed 10 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on Fourth Monday and Public Holidays.
- By Bus: At Odo-Rinishisanchome
- By Train: Sapporo Station and Odori Station
- By taking a streetcar.
- By renting a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sapporo-shi include Clock Tower in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
38% of people start their Clock Tower visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Clock Tower
69.83% of people prefer walking in order to reach Clock Tower
One of the icons of Sapporo! I visited this tower because my friend told me to do so. He said that you should visit this place when visiting this beautiful town. Unfortunately when I was there, it is under renovation.
Great little historical museum. Nice information about the oldest clock tower in Japan.
Nice place to visit. Take photos. And a nice walk to odori park area.
There's a park, name Odori Park. I went to Odori park and taking a pictures with Sapporo Clock Tower. It's very tall and big.
Historical clock tower in the city. Nice place to chill out in the cold winter. Learnt some history about the old clock tower