Clock TowerCurrently Open [Closes at 05:10 pm]
- Address: 2-1-1 Kita 1 Jonishi, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 060-0001, Japan, Sapporo-shi
- Timings: 08:45 am - 05:10 pm Details
- Phone: +81-112310838
- Ticket Price: 200 JPY
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tower
Clock Tower - Review
Built in 1878, the Clock Tower was originally built for military drills for the Sapporo Agricultural College. The first floor rooms were used as lecture rooms, exhibition halls and laboratories for the college.
Today, the classic building still remains one of the oldest structures in Sapporo and is loved for its old-world charm, classic functioning clock and simple architecture.
Do visit the place during evenings (especially in winter season when the clock is lit up while the building is covered in snow).
Clock Tower Information
- A restroom is outside of the building.
- There is no equipment which keeps luggage such as a coin-operated locker. Eating and drinking are not allowed inside of the building.
- There are no vending machines in the building.
- A shop for visitors is in the building.
- Lift for wheelchair is available.
- No Parking provided.
Clock Tower Ticket Prices
- Adult: 200 Yen
- Free for children (Younger than high school).
- Adult group of more than 20 people: 180 Yen per person
Clock Tower Hours
- Admission closed 10 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on Fourth Monday and Public Holidays.
How To reach Clock Tower by Public Transport
- By Bus: At Odo-Rinishisanchome
- By Train: Sapporo Station and Odori Station
- By taking a streetcar.
- By renting a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Clock Tower
95% of people who visit Sapporo-shi include Clock Tower in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
38% of people start their Clock Tower visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Clock Tower
69.83% of people prefer walking in order to reach Clock Tower
Clock Tower Trips
1 View4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Sapporo-shi from Ichikawa Minami High SchoolBy: Guest UserCity: Sapporo-shi
Clock Tower, Sapporo-shi Reviews
It was a pleasant experience hearing the history of the clock from the museum staff at the second floor. He was very helpful.
After thinking not another historical building, this one was different. There is a lot to look at downstairs and then upstairs is made out like a classroom. It had one of the first agricultural universities. You can read how different people who were there went on to have done amazing futures. The clocks are fascinating.
A very surprising visit. The ancient clock tower in Sapporo which possess a very dramatic history and the foreigner living in Hokkaido. The exhibition shows many great stories and how the residents of Sapporo developed. Worth to visit for understanding Sapporo.
Oh yeah. This was the second time I visited this clock tower(maybe third), but it was under repair. It says it won't be ready for display until October or something, so keep that in mind if you're going to visit Sapporo. What's worse, the 'Shiroi Koibito Park' factory line is also under repair. 2018 probably isn't the year to visit Sapporo after all.
One of the earliest building to have been built in Sapporo. Originally an agricultural university building, this place now houses the history of Sapporo was developed in the past. Located at the heart of the city, it's an iconic place to take a photo and not to be missed.