Clock Tower, Sapporo-shi
About Clock Tower, Sapporo-shi
Clock Tower, Sapporo-shi - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 2-1-1 Kita 1 Jonishi, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 060-0001, Japan
Ticket Price: 200 JPY
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:45 am - 05:10 pm Details
Added 10.6K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Tower
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1878, the Clock Tower was originally built for military drills for the Sapporo Agricultural College. The first floor rooms were used as lecture rooms, exhibition halls and laboratories for the college.
Today, the classic building still remains one of the oldest structures in Sapporo and is loved for its old-world charm, classic functioning clock and simple architecture.
Do visit the place during evenings (especially in winter season when the clock is lit up while the building is covered in snow).
Clock Tower Information
- A restroom is outside of the building.
- There is no equipment which keeps luggage such as a coin-operated locker. Eating and drinking are not allowed inside of the building.
- There are no vending machines in the building.
- A shop for visitors is in the building.
- Lift for wheelchair is available.
- No Parking provided.
Clock Tower Ticket Prices
- Adult: 200 Yen
- Free for children (Younger than high school).
- Adult group of more than 20 people: 180 Yen per person
Clock Tower Opening and Closing Hours
- Admission closed 10 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on Fourth Monday and Public Holidays.
How To reach Clock Tower by Public Transport
- By Bus: At Odo-Rinishisanchome
- By Train: Sapporo Station and Odori Station
- By taking a streetcar.
- By renting a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Clock Tower, Sapporo-shi Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful building and the clock is still working right now. How awesome. I visited this place on Autumn. A must visit place in Sapporo. It's easy to reach this place by walking, because Sapporo is like a small city.
A small exhibition museum to talk about the area around the clock. The clock tower itself is beautiful during autumn (and perhaps winter)
Recomendation for you to come during autumn. During winter, it still a nice view.
There is a nice museum here with some English information, and contains a 120+ year old clock built by a company in Boston. It's worth seeing if you're in Sapporo looking for something to do and you enjoy history.
You can explore Sapporo on your own and be with locals. Enjoy the beauty of the place.
- Nearby Attractions
- Daisetsuzan National Park
- Akarenga Terrace
- Ario Sapporo
- Sapporo Esta
- Sapporo-shi Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Sapporo-shi
- What to See in 48 Hours in Sapporo-shi
- What to See in 72 Hours in Sapporo-shi
- How to Spend 5 Days in Sapporo-shi
- How to Spend 6 Days in Sapporo-shi
- How to Spend 7 Days in Sapporo-shi