Clock Tower1584 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:10 pm]
- Address: 2-1-1 Kita 1 Jonishi, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 060-0001, Japan, Sapporo-shi
- Timings: 08:45 am - 05:10 pm Details
- Phone: +81-112310838
- Ticket Price: 200 JPY
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Tower
Built in 1878, the Clock Tower was originally built for military drills for the Sapporo Agricultural College. The first floor rooms were used as lecture rooms, exhibition halls and laboratories for the college.
Today, the classic building still remains one of the oldest structures in Sapporo and is loved for its old-world charm, classic functioning clock and simple architecture.
Do visit the place during evenings (especially in winter season when the clock is lit up while the building is covered in snow).
Clock Tower Travel Tips
- A restroom is outside of the building.
- There is no equipment which keeps luggage such as a coin-operated locker. Eating and drinking are not allowed inside of the building.
- There are no vending machines in the building.
- A shop for visitors is in the building.
- Lift for wheelchair is available.
- No Parking provided.
Entrance Ticket Details For Clock Tower
- Adult: 200 Yen
- Free for children (Younger than high school).
- Adult group of more than 20 people: 180 Yen per person
Clock Tower Hours
- Admission closed 10 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on Fourth Monday and Public Holidays.
How to Reach Clock Tower
- By Bus: At Odo-Rinishisanchome
- By Train: Sapporo Station and Odori Station
- By taking a streetcar.
- By renting a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.56% of people who visit Sapporo-shi include Clock Tower in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
38% of people start their Clock Tower visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Clock Tower
69.83% of people prefer walking in order to reach Clock Tower
Clock Tower Reviews & Ratings
This is a famous landmark in Sapporo since it's been here for a long time. Inside, there is a museum about the history of the clock tower as well as all the architecture involved in the building. Most of the exhibits are in Japanese.
Very cute museum with a ton of history and a lovely staff (several English speaking docents were there when we went). Conveniently located and very reasonable pricing (only a couple bucks per person). Highly recommend this as a quick stop for anyone visiting Sapporo who wants to learn some Hokkaido history. It was far more enlightening than I expected it to be.
Fabulous unique place! Lots of history, great stories, brilliant mechanical workings of the clock... VERY friendly staff with good english
Small little building surrounded by concrete Giants but a symbol of Sapporo. A great place to visit during winter.
Historical building erected 1878 and clock still working since 1881. Well preserved piece of history.