Events and Festivals in Sapporo-shi
Most of the festivals in Sapporo converge during the month of February.
The highlights are:
- Sapporo Snow festival: Held in February every year, the snow festival is a week long festival when larger than life ice and snow sculptures are made and showcased throughout the city for everyone to admire. From Darth Vader to Anime characters- the sculptures get quiet creative and are lit till 11.00 pm. Tsu- Dome Site is a favorite spot too.
- Jozankei Onsen Snow Light Path festival: Celebrated in succession to the snow festival, the Snow Light Path festival is when the whole city’s pathways are lit up with candles in the snow after sun-down (some of the locals make snow lanterns to accommodate the candles). Don’t miss the Otaru Canal during this festival!
- Sapporo Beer fest (July - August): The month long beer festival is known for breweries which open tents around the city to offer lip-smacking brews from afternoon to 10.00 pm.
Trip plans for Sapporo-shi
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Sapporo-shi
Sapporo-shi Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Sapporo-shi
A Must visit spots in Hokkaido - Furano Biei - including LunchNew on TripHobo
Duration: 11 Hrs
Popular destination among visitors from overseas, exploring the infamous Furano and Bie Districts. This is the best season to...Book Now
One Day Muslim-Friendly Tour of Sapporo1 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Enjoy a private tour for Muslim travelers covering Hokkaidos biggest and most famouscity, Sapporo.With a local guide, you wil...Book Now
Save 10%Tea Ceremony RenNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Witness the tranquility and elegance of tea ceremony, and explore the charm of Japanese traditional culture. In Sapporo this ...
Full Day Otaru Canal and Sledding Experience Trip from SapporoNew on TripHobo
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
Enjoy this day trip to the Otaru Canal and sledding experience on this 6.5 hour tour. To begin the excursion, you will head t...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Akita
- Events & Festivals in Sendai-shi
- Events & Festivals in Nagaoka
- Events & Festivals in Nikko
- Events & Festivals in Narita
- Events & Festivals in Kanazawa-shi