Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens178 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yubinbango 060-0004 Hokkaido Prefecture, Sapporo, Chūō-ku, Kita 3 Jōnishi, 9 Chome, Chuo-ku, Kita 3 Nishi 8-chome, Japan, Sapporo-shi
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-112210066
- Ticket Price: 420 JPY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Green House
The Botanical Garden of Hokkaido University is located at the heart of the city and was established in 1886 for educational purposes.
Today the highly maintained gardens are loved for its small walkways throughout various plant species and its exclusive greenhouse and museum. When in Sapporo, take a walk here to relax and unwind as you take in the beautiful flowers, green plants and fresh air.
- Alpine garden
Entrance Ticket Details For Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens
Free Opening Date: May 4 (Greenery Day)
Summer entrance fee:
- Adults (more than high school): 420 Yen (350 Yen for groups of 30)
- Children (elementary and junior high school students): 300 Yen (240 Yen for groups of 30)
Winter entrance fee: (greenhouse)
- Elementary school students: 120 Yen
For other prices please visit the official website.
Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens Hours
Summer (garden-greenhouse-museum facilities) Opening hours April 29 - November 3:
- April 29 - September 30: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- October 1 - November 3: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Winter (greenhouse) Opening hours November 4 - April 28
- Monday to Friday: 10.00 am to 3.30 pm
- Saturday: 10.00 am – 12. 30 pm
Admission until 30 minutes before closing time.
How to Reach Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens
- By Bus: at Donan Bus Co., Ltd. Sapporo Station information office
- By Train: at Sapporo Statio, at Odori Station
- By taking the Streetcar.
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.6% of people who visit Sapporo-shi include Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens in their plan
33.33% of people start their Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hokkaido University Botanical Gardens