Mt. MoiwaCurrently Open
- Address: 5 Chome-3-7 Fushimi, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 064-0942, Japan, Sapporo-shi
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +81-115618177
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, View Point, Planetarium , Restaurant, Theatre, Observation Deck, Ropeways
Mount Moiwa is a popular haunt to see the city lights shape the beautiful landscape of Sapporo after dark.
If you are not a great fan of clubbing or pubbing, take some time out to visit the mountains observation deck through the beautiful Ropeway which operates from the base of the mountain to the mini-cable car stop. The mini- cable car takes you to the sensational view of the city.
The place also has a planetarium, a restaurant and a theatre if you want to make a day trip out of the visit.
- Carry water and snacks with you.
- Roundtrip for ropeway and mini cable car: 1700 Yen
- Roundtrip for ropeway only: 1100 Yen
- Roundtrip for mini cable car only: 600 Yen
- 10:30 am to 10:00 pm (Opens at 11:00 am from December to March)
- Admission ends 30 minutes before closing.
- Occasional longer closures may be possible for maintenance.
- By Ropeway: Moiwa mountain ropeway (Address 5 Chome-3-7 Fushimi, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 064-0942, Japan)
- By Train: Summit Station at Mt Moiwa
- By renting a car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.2% of people who visit Sapporo-shi include Mt. Moiwa in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
46.67% of people start their Mt. Moiwa visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Mt. Moiwa
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mt. Moiwa
Highly recommended place to visit in Hokkaido. Managed to experience snow on the mountain and attended a music concert here.
Fantastic views,in my opinion it is better than Hokodate .
We had a great time riding this ropeway, which is actually a cable car, up to the top of the mountain. There's a great view of the city of Sapporo from the top. There's also a restaurant and a small café. We really enjoyed our day. It was very professional and safe. There's also a 3-D movie at the top that you can watch.
Mt Moiwa is a must when in Sapporo.
Conveniently located and accessible via tram and there are shuttle provided. It is also feasible to walk uphill towards the foot of Mt. Moiwa Ropeway entrance. Entrance fee can be purchased to go up using the ropeway and then walk up to the peak or purchase ticket to go by cable. I saw a few locals using hiking equipment, going up and down the mountain. Bird-watching enthusiast should bring their binoculars as there are a few worthwhile feathered friends to watch. The magnificent view was worth every cent and the experience is priceless. The breeze at the top was very strong and I the whole city view was mesmerizing.