Mt. Okura Observatory, Sapporo-shi
Mt. Okura Observatory, Sapporo-shi - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1274 Miyanomori, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 064-0958, Japan
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.2K times in trip plans
View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids, Observation Deck
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Mt. Okura Observatory, Sapporo-shi
The Mt. Okura Observatory offers a rare view of the city. Hop on a chairlift and reach the top of the mountain and in winters, if you are game for it, ski at its Ski Jump Stadium and visit the nearby Sapporo Winter stadium to call it a complete day!
The highlights include:
- Observation Deck which offers a panoramic view of the city.
- There is also a dining area where you can treat yourself to delicious Mangolean barbeque dishes among other musts!
Mt. Okura Observatory Ticket Prices
- Adults (Junior High school and above): 500 Yen
- Children (Elementary School age and younger): 300 Yen
- Adults (Junior High school and above): 250 Yen
- Children (Elementary School age and younger): 150 Yen
Group (15 people or more):
- Adults (Junior High school and above): 450 Yen
- Children (Elementary School age and younger): 270 Yen
Mt. Okura Observatory Opening and Closing Hours
Timings for Ski Jump Observatory:
- April 21 - April 30: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- May 1 - October 31: 8.30 am – 6.00 pm
- November 1 - April 7: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- April 8 - April 20: Closed
Business hours vary on days with jumping competitions or official practices. Please contact the place for more information.
Timings for Lamb Dining Okurayam:
- Lunch: 11.30 am – 2.30 pm (Kitchen closes at 2:00pm)
- Dinner: 5.30 pm – 9.30 pm (Kitchen closes at 9:00pm)
How To reach Mt. Okura Observatory by Public Transport
- By Bus: Burari Sapporo Kanko Bus (JR Sapporo Station ↔ Okurayama)
- By Train: At Maruyamakoen Station ( 3.2 kilometres)
- By taking the taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mt. Okura Observatory, Sapporo-shi Reviews - Write a Review
This place have an amazing view and is really fun to go in the zip line, is actually not that expensive and it includes the entrance to the winter sports museum. It Cool to visit with your kids. And don't forget to drink a Sapporo Clasica on the observatory desk
Skii Passenger lift is exciting experience and at the top is the one great view of Sapporo, You can see odori park & TV Tower from here.
The view is super and it is an enjoyable experience taking the lifts up the ski slope. Would recommend to go there.
Amazing place. Must to see when visiting Hokkaido
I visited here as a part of a packaged Sapporo bus sightseeing tour. I got to see the Ski Jump World Cup here. It costed extra 300 yen to enter but I think it was worth it (as I got to see the legendary ski jumper Noriaki Kasai). I couldn't get on the chair lift to get up to the top of the hill as it was being used for the World Cup, but I'm planning to return there for this.