Mt. Okura Observatory, Sapporo-shiCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1274 Miyanomori, Chuo Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture 064-0958, Japan, Sapporo-shi
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-116418585
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids, Observation Deck
About Mt. Okura Observatory, Sapporo-shi
The Mt. Okura Observatory offers a rare view of the city. Hop on a chairlift and reach the top of the mountain and in winters, if you are game for it, ski at its Ski Jump Stadium and visit the nearby Sapporo Winter stadium to call it a complete day!
The highlights include:
- Observation Deck which offers a panoramic view of the city.
- There is also a dining area where you can treat yourself to delicious Mangolean barbeque dishes among other musts!
Mt. Okura Observatory Ticket Prices
- Adults (Junior High school and above): 500 Yen
- Children (Elementary School age and younger): 300 Yen
- Adults (Junior High school and above): 250 Yen
- Children (Elementary School age and younger): 150 Yen
Group (15 people or more):
- Adults (Junior High school and above): 450 Yen
- Children (Elementary School age and younger): 270 Yen
Mt. Okura Observatory Opening and Closing Hours
Timings for Ski Jump Observatory:
- April 21 - April 30: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- May 1 - October 31: 8.30 am – 6.00 pm
- November 1 - April 7: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- April 8 - April 20: Closed
Business hours vary on days with jumping competitions or official practices. Please contact the place for more information.
Timings for Lamb Dining Okurayam:
- Lunch: 11.30 am – 2.30 pm (Kitchen closes at 2:00pm)
- Dinner: 5.30 pm – 9.30 pm (Kitchen closes at 9:00pm)
How To reach Mt. Okura Observatory by Public Transport
- By Bus: Burari Sapporo Kanko Bus (JR Sapporo Station ↔ Okurayama)
- By Train: At Maruyamakoen Station ( 3.2 kilometres)
- By taking the taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mt. Okura Observatory
87.22% of people who visit Sapporo-shi include Mt. Okura Observatory in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
44.93% of people start their Mt. Okura Observatory visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mt. Okura Observatory
94.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mt. Okura Observatory
Mt. Okura Observatory, Sapporo-shi Reviews
The place is rather empty when there is no event. The ticketing booth is at the opposite side of the entrance to the ski cable car (600yen). The staff is helpful and will standby to help you when needed to embark and disembark the ski cable. The view is awesome from the top and is definitely worth coming here. We skipped the museum because the pamphlet is not as appealing.
My first visit to a ski jump. Smooth ride on the chair lift. Helpful staff
This place have an amazing view and is really fun to go in the zip line, is actually not that expensive and it includes the entrance to the winter sports museum. It Cool to visit with your kids. And don't forget to drink a Sapporo Clasica on the observatory desk
Skii Passenger lift is exciting experience and at the top is the one great view of Sapporo, You can see odori park & TV Tower from here.
The view is super and it is an enjoyable experience taking the lifts up the ski slope. Would recommend to go there.