Constructed in 1871, the Odori park is located to the center of the city and covers 1.5 kilometers from east to west- dividing the city in the northern administrative part and the southern commercial and residential part.
- 92 species of trees including varieties of lilac.
- Several modern fountains
- Slide designed by Isamu Noguchi.
The park itself is a popular spot to simply get some green therapy and take some time off from the hectic urban life. The place is a must-visit during festivals like the Snow festival and the Sapporo Beer festival when the locals and tourists are present to witness the grandeur and fun side of Sapporo.
Odori Park Travel Tips
- The place has many eateries and restaurants nearby where you can explore the local cuisine.
Odori Park Hours
- For other details please visit the official website or call up the park.
Information Center & official shop:
- Regular Holiday: December 29 to January 3 (New Year)
How to Reach Odori Park
- By Bus: At Odo-Rinishisanchome
- By Train: At Nishihacchome Station
- By taking the Streetcar.
- By renting a Bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sapporo-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sapporo-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.36% of people who visit Sapporo-shi include Odori Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.15% of people start their Odori Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Odori Park
70.63% of people prefer walking in order to reach Odori Park