Are you looking for what to do in Sapporo-shi?
THINGS TO SEE
Some of the must-see tourist attractions in Sapporo city are:
- Odori Park: A well maintained park which divides the city into its North and South and stretches for a kilometer through the city.
- Sapporo Underground Pedestrian Space: An underground space which offers eateries and public faculties and also access to the subway.
- Clock Tower (Tokei-dai): A clock tower built in late 19th century, presently the building serves as a museum.
- Former Hokkaido Government Office Building: Houses the tourist office, a conference room, a library, a museum gift shop and also showcases historic exhibitions.
- Susukino: A bustling neighborhood in Sapporo which offers a range of restaurants, clubs and arcades.
- Hokkaido University Sapporo Campus: A beautiful way to dodge the tourist places and simply walk the beautiful grounds of the university. During fall, the Ginko trees are a favorite highlight.
- Mt. Okura Observatory: Has a chairlift which takes you to the top of the Mt Okura where skiers usually practice. The place also has a museum.
- Sapporo TV Tower: Built in 1957, the TV tower has an observation deck open to tourists.
- Mt. Moiwa: A mountain located close to Sapporo and offers activities like skiing (in winters), trekking grounds and its popular rope ride.
- Sapporo JR Tower Observatory: Offers a panoramic view of the city and also has a café and a small gift shop.
THINGS TO DO
Sapporo offers a long list of ‘things to do’ when in the city- from sightseeing, skiing, hiking to simply enjoying its night hubs.
Sapporo’s nightlife is simply contagious and you will find eccentric people, colorful clubs and a music scene which only grows by the hour!
Some of the must-visits are:
- TK6: Packed with foreigners from all around the world, the place is a known hang out place during sports night. The place is known more for its eclectic group of people, delicious cocktails and is great if you are looking for a wild night.
- Famous Door: A good place to go drinking while listening to some great live bands.
- Alife: Alife is one of the biggest clubs in Sapporo. The place offers a rather large dance floor, amazing drinks menu and good music.
- Buddy Buddy: An American themed bar with loads of memorabilia, pool tables and live music with drinks.
Sapporo offers shopping haunts that will leave you swiping your credit cards in a jiffy!
- Tanukikoji Shopping Street: Has a great variety of local shops selling souvenirs and gift items.
- Stellar Place Sapporo: The shopping complex has loads of shops, restaurants and eateries and is interconnected with the underground malls and subway stations.
- Aurora Town: Is an underground shopping complex with a few eateries as well.
- Odori Shopping District: Has innumerable brands which line the streets of the district and is a popular place for shopaholics.
Below we have a list of things to do in Sapporo-shi and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Sapporo-shi getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Sapporo-shi with confidence.