Visit Saputara - Best of Saputara
Sapurata in located in the state of Gujrat in the Dang forest area along the Sahyadris, also popularly known as the Western Ghats. Termed as one of the most famous hill stations and a popular gateway in Gujrat, visit Saputara and be charmed by its lush green mountains and mighty waterfalls. Saputara offers an experience that will leave you feeling refreshed and energised. Visit Saputara with your family & friends or your special someone and spend some cosy moments contemplating nature’s beauty.
Saputara is an all-year-round destination where an average yearly temperature ranges between 25 degree Celsius to 30 degree Celsius. Saputara receive plenty of rainfall during the months of July to October which gives rise to many waterfalls in and around Saputara. Saputara also has a lake where you can enjoy boating and other water activities like zorbing and motor-boats or just sit and relax by the lake. There are many hills and mountains around Saputara from where you can enjoy a sunrise or a sunset. The tourism board has taken an initiate to develop many gardens and parks in this area which showcase various new innovative and environmentally friendly designs, one such example being the Step Garden. There are a few temples in Saputara as well as a wide range of religious and cultural festivals that are celebrated throughout the year. Some of these festivals have been passed on through generations while a few have been a part of government’s initiative.
Saputara is a planned hill resort with all the required facilities to make it an ideal destination for a short-vacation.
Saputara Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Saputara tips for your visit
- Time zone: Indian Standard Time Zone (UTC+5:30)
- Currency: Indian Rupee
- Electricity and Internet: The standard voltage is 230 V. Wi-Fi is available in most hotel.
- Languages: Gujrati, Hindi, English
- Pick pockets and Safes: It is always advisable to keep valuables like passports, jewellery and extra cash in the hotel safe.
- Tipping: Tipping is not mandatory however a tip of INR 50 to 100 is appreciated.
What to Wear:
- Touts: Beware of the touts claiming to help you as they will undoubtedly lead you to shops/ sellers wherein they can earn more commission off you. Be firm in saying “No, thank you” and be polite always. When in doubt, always ask your guide and/or driver, and they will be able to help you.
- Hygiene and Precaution: Use only bottled water at all times. Avoid eating any raw food outside of the hotels, such as salad. There are very few public washrooms along the way, bear this in mind when planning a long journey.
Travel to Saputara- Know before you go to Saputara
Attractions in Saputara
Saputara Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of