Saputara Tribal MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Surat-Saputara-Nasik Highway, Saputara, Gujarat 394720, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9898490092
- Ticket Price: 2 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
Saputara Tribal Museum, also known as Saputara Museum is located on the outskirts of Saputara. The museum aims are collecting, preserving artefacts that showcase insights into the life of tribal population of the Dang District. Some of the tribal communities that reside in the Dang District of Gujrat are Kunbis, Warlis, Bhils, and Gamits. Various artefacts that are displayed at the Saputara Tribal Museum are traditional clothes and utensils, ornaments, musical instruments, and weapons.
- Do not touch the artefacts.
- Do not use flash photography inside the museum.
- For students: INR 1
- For foreign nationals: INR 50
- By self-drive car
- By taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Saputara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Saputara and book an accommodation of your choice.
4) Saputara PC-Milapmadhikar Located in the Dang district of Gujarat in the lap of the Western Ghats, Saputara is a beautiful hill station and is an idyllic destination for those who always look forward to spending a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. However, it is also a perfect destination for those who love to photograph the beauty of the sun as it colours the sky with its lovely rays. The presence of lush green hills adds to the existing grandeur of Saputara. Hence, it would be right to say that it is an ideal destination for sunset and sunrise photography.
Very well maintained Museum. A detailed information can be obtained about the local tribes and other tribes. Highlighting their weapons, clothes, huts, animals, birds, festivals, ornaments, musical instruments, farming and all other things you should know about them.
Very nice concept & museum is evolved around it . However I always wonder very nice creations by governments is getting worthless because of poor maintaining of place. What concern officials are doing, is there any audit process for such good places.
They have not maintain this place. Informative you can spend some time before you enter Maharastra or Gujarat either ways. Kids were enjoying this place but elders losses charm due to over all presentation of this place.
Good work of art and amazing collection. Building needs to be restored and maintained properly as there is leakage everywhere. Different tribal communities, their way of living, ancient weapons, music instruments are displayed. Parking - Available at Rs 30 Food - Available at high rates as compared to quality and hygiene , outside the museum.