Gallery 11-07-95, SarajevoCurrently Open
- Address: Trg fra Grge Martica 2/III, Sarajevo 71 000, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +387-33953170
- Ticket Price: 10 BAM
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, War Memorial, Family And Kids
About Gallery 11-07-95, Sarajevo
Memorial galleries are often given sombre sounding names, but when one carries the date itself as it’s title, the solemnity is that much harsher. Visit then, this memory to the Srebenica Genocide – testament to the failure of not og human compassion, but human promise. The UN, which has declared the area a safe zone in 1993,did nothing in 1995 when Gen. Mladicand his Army of RepublikaSrpsska along with the Scorpions (a Serbian paramilitary unit) and Russian volunteers, stormed into the town and killed around 8000 Bosniaks. It’s been called the second greatest crime against humanity perpetrated on European soil since WWII. This stark but beautiful gallery elegantly expounds that story through a wide range of multimedia content. You are not a visitor here, you are a witness to human failure.
Gallery 11-07-95 Information
- Don’t eat, drink and smoke.
- Don't take photos without having the acquired approval.
- Don't bring pets into the Gallery.
- Don't touch exponents.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sarajevo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarajevo and book an accommodation of your choice.