Gazi Husrev Beg Mosque452 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Saraci 8, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:15 pm Details
- Phone: +387-33532144
- Ticket Price: 2 BAM
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
This is straight up the most important mosque in the country. Its Ottoman architectural style was very daring when first built and is even now considered one of the finest in the world. Things to note include:
- Multiple domes
- Glass and rock ornamentation
- The twice restored arabesque.
- Stalactite ornamentation under the dome.
- Polychromatic decoration and a use of natural light to create a greater sense of space.
Most of the intricacy of the interior has been lost unfortunately; during the Siege of Sarajevo, the Serbian forces deliberately damaged much of the city’s heritage.
Gazi Husrev Beg Mosque Travel Tips
- Closed on Ramadan.
- Men can keep their shoed on, but women must cover their hair with a scarf or shawl.
- The window for visitation is very narrow.
- Dulagin Dvor
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sarajevo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarajevo and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.39% of people who visit Sarajevo include Gazi Husrev Beg Mosque in their plan
89.19% of people start their Gazi Husrev Beg Mosque visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Gazi Husrev Beg Mosque
54.55% of people prefer walking in order to reach Gazi Husrev Beg Mosque