How to Reach Sarajevo
The Easiest Way to Reach Sarajevo
By Air: Sarajevo Airport serves:
- National Carrier B & H Airlines (Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg-Landvetter, Istanbul-Atatürk, Zürich)
- Adria Airways (Ljubljana)
- Austrian Airlines (Vienna)
- Croatia Airlines (Zagreb)
- Germanwings (Cologne/Bonn, Stuttgart)
- Jat Airways (Belgrade)
- Lufthansa (Munich)
- Norwegian (Oslo-Rygge, Stockholm-Arlanda seasonal)
- Turkish Airlines (Istanbul-Atatürk)
- Pegasus (Istanbul-SabihaGocken)
Get to the city by:
- Route 200E.
- Bus #36 to Nedzarici; from Nedzarici take a tram to city centre.
- Take tram or taxi to the Ilidza Terminus; take tram to the city centre from there.
- Taxi drivers will overcharge and be unwilling to negotiate.
By Train: One line takes Budapest, Belgrade, Osijek and Pecs. It takes 105 KM (currency, not distance) to Belgrade. There are two trains daily to Zagreb via Zenica, Doboj and Banja Luka. Tickets cost 22 – 26 KM. The Sarajevo-Mostar-Ploce line is one of the most scenic in Europe. Costs 9 KM. Sarajevo is further incredibly well connected by road to most major European destinations, and the scenery is frequently awesome.
Trams, buses and taxis are the main way to get around. Each time you change a public transport you’ll have to get a new ticket. It’s best to get a map of Sarajevo from the bookstores downtown (the maps are very good). Don’t bother asking of directions; for all their friendliness, the locals don’t have a clue what is where. Worst luck scenario, they’ll amiably point you in the wrong direction. USE THE MAP.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Sarajevo and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Sarajevo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sarajevo. The most preferred mode of transport in Sarajevo is Walking.
Average distance: 7.07 km Average time: 29.74 min
Walking 39.13%Walking 19.56 min Driving 4.78 min Waiting 1.67 min Tram 1.11 min Bus 1.11 min Bike 0.56 min Overall average time for 3.39 kms 28.78 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.04%Bus 18.33 min Waiting 11.67 min Walking 7.67 min Other 6 min Overall average time for 9.33 kms 43.67 min
Tram/Streetcar 4.35%Tram 17 min Bus 9 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 7 kms 31 min
Car 39.13%Driving 25.44 min Walking 2.11 min Overall average time for 9.67 kms 27.56 min
Bike 4.35%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 10 kms 15 min
- How to reach Cities Near Sarajevo
- How to reach Milići
- How to reach Kozarska Dubica
- How to reach Srbac
- How to reach Teslić
- How to reach Međuvođe
- How to reach Lukavica
- How to reach Bosanska Krupa
- How to reach Kalesija
- How to reach Zovi Do
- How to reach Odžak
- How to reach Buna
- How to reach Bileća
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach St Charles
- How to reach Thuckalay
- How to reach Tiruchendur
- How to reach Snoqualmie
- How to reach Le Luc
- How to reach East Molesey
- How to reach Sebastopol
- How to reach Hamilton
- How to reach Enterprise
- How to reach Kansas City