How to Reach Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
The Easiest Way to Reach Sarajevo
By Air: Sarajevo Airport serves:
- National Carrier B & H Airlines (Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg-Landvetter, Istanbul-Atatürk, Zürich)
- Adria Airways (Ljubljana)
- Austrian Airlines (Vienna)
- Croatia Airlines (Zagreb)
- Germanwings (Cologne/Bonn, Stuttgart)
- Jat Airways (Belgrade)
- Lufthansa (Munich)
- Norwegian (Oslo-Rygge, Stockholm-Arlanda seasonal)
- Turkish Airlines (Istanbul-Atatürk)
- Pegasus (Istanbul-SabihaGocken)
Get to the city by:
- Route 200E.
- Bus #36 to Nedzarici; from Nedzarici take a tram to city centre.
- Take tram or taxi to the Ilidza Terminus; take tram to the city centre from there.
- Taxi drivers will overcharge and be unwilling to negotiate.
By Train: One line takes Budapest, Belgrade, Osijek and Pecs. It takes 105 KM (currency, not distance) to Belgrade. There are two trains daily to Zagreb via Zenica, Doboj and Banja Luka. Tickets cost 22 – 26 KM. The Sarajevo-Mostar-Ploce line is one of the most scenic in Europe. Costs 9 KM. Sarajevo is further incredibly well connected by road to most major European destinations, and the scenery is frequently awesome.
Trams, buses and taxis are the main way to get around. Each time you change a public transport you’ll have to get a new ticket. It’s best to get a map of Sarajevo from the bookstores downtown (the maps are very good). Don’t bother asking of directions; for all their friendliness, the locals don’t have a clue what is where. Worst luck scenario, they’ll amiably point you in the wrong direction. USE THE MAP.
Are you looking for a Sarajevo travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Sarajevo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sarajevo. The most preferred mode of transport in Sarajevo is Walking.
Average distance: 6.85 km Average time: 29.75 min
Walking 41.67%Walking 20.6 min Driving 4.3 min Waiting 1.5 min Tram 1 min Bus 1 min Bike 0.5 min Overall average time for 3.25 kms 28.9 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.5%Bus 18.33 min Waiting 11.67 min Walking 7.67 min Other 6 min Overall average time for 9.33 kms 43.67 min
Tram/Streetcar 4.17%Tram 17 min Bus 9 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 7 kms 31 min
Car 37.5%Driving 25.44 min Walking 2.11 min Overall average time for 9.67 kms 27.56 min
Bike 4.17%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 10 kms 15 min
How to Reach Sarajevo from Nearby Cities
|Tuzla to Sarajevo||77.56 km||1 hour 17 mins|
- How to reach Mostar
- How to reach Bihac
- How to reach Bijeljina
- How to reach Tuzla
- How to reach Ortiješ
- How to reach Guča Gora
- How to reach Srbac
- How to reach Milići
- How to reach Medjugorje