How to Reach Sarajevo
How to reach Sarajevo
By Air: Sarajevo Airport serves:
- National Carrier B & H Airlines (Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg-Landvetter, Istanbul-Atatürk, Zürich)
- Adria Airways (Ljubljana)
- Austrian Airlines (Vienna)
- Croatia Airlines (Zagreb)
- Germanwings (Cologne/Bonn, Stuttgart)
- Jat Airways (Belgrade)
- Lufthansa (Munich)
- Norwegian (Oslo-Rygge, Stockholm-Arlanda seasonal)
- Turkish Airlines (Istanbul-Atatürk)
- Pegasus (Istanbul-SabihaGocken)
Get to the city by:
- Route 200E.
- Bus #36 to Nedzarici; from Nedzarici take a tram to city centre.
- Take tram or taxi to the Ilidza Terminus; take tram to the city centre from there.
- Taxi drivers will overcharge and be unwilling to negotiate.
By Train: One line takes Budapest, Belgrade, Osijek and Pecs. It takes 105 KM (currency, not distance) to Belgrade. There are two trains daily to Zagreb via Zenica, Doboj and Banja Luka. Tickets cost 22 – 26 KM. The Sarajevo-Mostar-Ploce line is one of the most scenic in Europe. Costs 9 KM. Sarajevo is further incredibly well connected by road to most major European destinations, and the scenery is frequently awesome.
Trams, buses and taxis are the main way to get around. Each time you change a public transport you’ll have to get a new ticket. It’s best to get a map of Sarajevo from the bookstores downtown (the maps are very good). Don’t bother asking of directions; for all their friendliness, the locals don’t have a clue what is where. Worst luck scenario, they’ll amiably point you in the wrong direction. USE THE MAP.
Modes of Transportation in Sarajevo
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sarajevo. The most preferred mode of transport in Sarajevo is Walking.
Average distance: 7.25 km Average time: 30.4 min
Walking 40%Walking 20.75 min Driving 5.38 min Waiting 1.88 min Tram 1.25 min Bus 1.25 min Bike 0.63 min Overall average time for 3.75 kms 31.13 min
Bus/Trolleybus 10%Bus 20 min Waiting 15 min Walking 9 min Other 8.5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 52.5 min
Tram/Streetcar 5%Tram 17 min Bus 9 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 7 kms 31 min
Car 40%Driving 23.63 min Walking 2.38 min Overall average time for 9.25 kms 26 min
Bike 5%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 10 kms 15 min