Sarajevo War Tunnel, Sarajevo
Sarajevo War Tunnel, Sarajevo - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Tuneli 1, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ticket Price: 5 BAM
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 8.7K times in trip plans
Historical Site, War Memorial, Family And Kids, Architecture , Tunnel
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Sarajevo War Tunnel, Sarajevo
A real life war tunnel! How exciting is that? Built during the Bosnian War, and during the Siege of Sarajevo, the tunnel had multiple purposes;
- It linked a neighbourhood within the siege to one outside.
- It allowed the city defenders to circumvent the arms embargo.
- It allowed food and medical supplied into the city.
- It allowed people to escape into a UN controlled area.
- Allowed telecommunications to be set up.
The house into which the northern end of the tunnel opened up has been converted into a visit, and it’s one of the country’s most popular attractions. It survived for years and years without any sort of a government support. You’re not allowed to go too deep into the tunnel, the 25 metres allowed is more than enough. There’s a few memorabilia and exhibitions too.
Sarajevo War Tunnel Information
- Can be a little hard to find.
How To reach Sarajevo War Tunnel by Public Transport
- Take tram 3 to Ilidza (then switch to Kotorac-bound bus 32).
- Get off at the last stop, walk across the bridge, then turn immediately left down Tuneli for 500m.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sarajevo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarajevo and book an accommodation of your choice.