Are you looking for what to do in Sarajevo?
Sarajevo is home to many different religions throughout for centuries, and is well recognized for its cultural diversity. It has mosques, Catholic churches, Orthodox churches and synagogue located in same neighborhood. The city is famous for its museums which portray the culture, and history of Sarajevo.
- Old City: The old city is full of oriental style shops, mosques, church, and synagogue which are very unique in its own way.
- Latin Bridge: The location is the assassination point of Archduke of the Austrian Hungarian Empire Franz Ferdinand, which sparked the beginning of First World War.
- Yellow Fortress: The fortress provides excellent view of the city. White marble cemeteries are reminder to those who lost their lives in the tragic wars, are located in the eastern part of the city.
- Museums: Bosnian Historical Museum, National Museum, Sarajevo tunnel Museum, Sarajevo City Museum, Sarajevo Art Gallery are some the famous museums in city which exhibits the tradition and cultural memoirs.
- Religious Places: The Stara Pravoslavna Crkva (Old Orthodox Church), Careva dzamija (Emperor’s Mosque), Begova dzamija (Bey’s Mosque), Crkva Sv. Ante (St. Anthony church) are the prominent religious places in city. Bey’s mosque is built in medieval Ottoman architecture, is one of the most beautiful and biggest mosque in city.
- Basaarsija: It is Sarajevo’s old bazaar, built in 15th century and main tourist’s attraction. It located on northern bank of Miljacka River.
- Bjelasnica: Bjelašnica is a mountain located southwest of Sarajevo. It is popular for mountain Biking and forms a base for paragliding activity. Numerous trails are set up by the local mountain clubs.
- Best to Buy: BH craft is near Bey’s Mosque, which has lovely handmade products, clothing, accessories, home decor items, and souvenirs’.
Below we have a list of things to do in Sarajevo and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Sarajevo getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Sarajevo with confidence.