Ca D'zan Mansion, Sarasota
About Ca D'zan Mansion, Sarasota
Ca D'zan Mansion, Sarasota - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota, FL 34243, United States
Ticket Price: 25 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Art Gallery, Castle, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This mansion is one of the oldest as well as an important part of the very famous Mable and John Ringling Museum situated in the main city. It was the residence of the couple on the waterfront of The Ringling River.
The beautiful mansion was designed by Dwight James Baum and was built by Owen Burn in the year 1926. The architecture that is still as attractive as it must have been during its initial days. The design completely in a Gothic Style and this is what puts it apart from the rest of the estate.
The mansion that had been donated to the state by the owners is now used as a state of the art museum with some of the fantastic collection of rare and old paintings for the visitors to see. The contemporary paintings are what attract the most number of eyes with the rest giving these an almost equal competition.
Ca D'zan Mansion Information
- Photography is a strict no-no inside the museum.
- You are expected to maintain discipline and silence in here.
- Students availing a discount are to show their proper ID documents.
- The main pieces on display are the European contemporary paintings especially the collection of Peter Paul Rubens.
- The place is popularly known as the Mable and John’s Ringling Art Museum.
Ca D'zan Mansion Ticket Prices
- Senior citizens $23; Students above 18yrs $5; Children above 6yrs $5; Children up to 5yrs free.
Ca D'zan Mansion Opening and Closing Hours
- The gates of the Ca d’Zan close an hour early.
How To reach Ca D'zan Mansion by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Bradenton Airport.
Restaurants Near Ca D'zan Mansion
- Marina Jack
- Columbia Restaurant
- Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
- Owen’s Fish Camp
- Daiquiri Deck
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sarasota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarasota and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ca D'zan Mansion, Sarasota Reviews - Write a Review
First of all I want to say this house is amazingly beautiful and is worth seeing. My issue was with a staff member being disrespectful to my father, while she was talking she was noticably moving into his personal space, he was trying to move a step away from her and accidentally touched an empty display case that was honestly sitting too far out in the small kitchen area. She then scolded him like a child saying "don't play with that, that's an antique!" it put a damper on the rest of the tour. The woman at the beginning of the tour was also less than friendly.
The grounds are always free and open to the public. You can park right next to the ca' d'Zan and explore the nearby playground, rose garden, banyan trees with hidden picnic tables and statues, secret garden, or the path along the water. The back patio, with its shaded, comfortable chairs, is perfect for a quiet lunch or relaxation at the water's edge.
Good from the outside. Didn't want to pay to go in.
Absolutely beautiful home and antique. Great tour.
Amazing bay front home. A must see. Enjoy!
- Nearby Attractions
- Daiquiri Deck Siesta Key
- Lakewood Ranch Baptist Church
- Grace Church
- Bee Ridge Baptist Church
- Pinecraft Park
- Rothenbach Park
- Causeway Park
- Colonial Oaks Park
- 17th Street Paw Park
- Longwood Park
- Sarasota Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Sarasota
- What to See in 48 Hours in Sarasota
- What to See in 72 Hours in Sarasota
- How to Spend 5 Days in Sarasota
- How to Spend 6 Days in Sarasota
- How to Spend 7 Days in Sarasota