Marie Selby Botanical Gardens422 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 811 South Palm Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States, 34236
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9413665731
- Fax: +1-9413669807
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Nature, Landmarks, Gardens
This garden is said to be one of the largest gardens in the continent that mostly is based on the purpose of research of epiphytes especially orchids and bromeliads. It is also said that the thousands of bromeliad varieties here make it the largest collection of the flowers in the whole world.
Apart from orchids and bromeliads there are many other varieties of herbs and blooms in this beautiful area such as banyans, bamboo, live oaks, palms, mangroves, succulents, wildflower, cycads and many others. There is also a cute little pond in here around which you will find many ducks and swans most of the year.
The gardens in the heart of the city is again further divided into quite a few parts such as:
- Bromeliad Identification Centre- This is where you will find information about the largest collection of this rare flower in the world.
- The Herbarium consists of thousands of varieties of medicinal, tropical and neo tropical plants.
- The Christy Payne House- It is the garden gallery where you will find a fantastic display of photographs of the flora here.
- The Research Library has a wide range of books and journals based on plants and herbs and also the journals of the research work done here.
- The Spirit Collection is the world’s second largest such collection of fluids and juices extracted from the sweet flowers.
Entrance Ticket Details For Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Children (4-11 yrs) $6; Members have free entry; Members’ guests $5.
How to Reach Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- The nearest airport is Bradenton Airport.
- Fresh Start Cafe
- Owen’s Fish Camp
- Mozzarella Fella
- Burn’s Court Cafe
- Matto Matto Italian Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sarasota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarasota and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.1% of people who visit Sarasota include Marie Selby Botanical Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
61.29% of people start their Marie Selby Botanical Gardens visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marie Selby Botanical Gardens