Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
Tours for Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
About Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Sarasota
This garden is said to be one of the largest gardens in the continent that mostly is based on the purpose of research of epiphytes especially orchids and bromeliads. It is also said that the thousands of bromeliad varieties here make it the largest collection of the flowers in the whole world.
Apart from orchids and bromeliads there are many other varieties of herbs and blooms in this beautiful area such as banyans, bamboo, live oaks, palms, mangroves, succulents, wildflower, cycads and many others. There is also a cute little pond in here around which you will find many ducks and swans most of the year.
The gardens in the heart of the city is again further divided into quite a few parts such as:
- Bromeliad Identification Centre- This is where you will find information about the largest collection of this rare flower in the world.
- The Herbarium consists of thousands of varieties of medicinal, tropical and neo tropical plants.
- The Christy Payne House- It is the garden gallery where you will find a fantastic display of photographs of the flora here.
- The Research Library has a wide range of books and journals based on plants and herbs and also the journals of the research work done here.
- The Spirit Collection is the world’s second largest such collection of fluids and juices extracted from the sweet flowers.
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens Tickets Prices
- Children (4-11 yrs) $6; Members have free entry; Members’ guests $5.
How To Get To Marie Selby Botanical Gardens by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is Bradenton Airport.
Restaurants Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Fresh Start Cafe
- Owen’s Fish Camp
- Mozzarella Fella
- Burn’s Court Cafe
- Matto Matto Italian Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sarasota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarasota and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 811 South Palm Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34236, United States
Ticket Price: 19 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.8K times in trip plans
Garden, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Marie Selby Botanical Gardens Tickets And Tours
On this breathtaking one-hour tour, gliders will get to experience the beauty of Anna Maria in the form of shade trees, sunshine and breathtaking views! We'll visit several of the Anna Maria beaches including:
- Bradenton Beach
- Cortez Beach
- Coquina Beach
Experience beautiful Anna Maria Island by taking in the natural beauty of the beaches on Anna Maria Island such as Holmes Beach and Coquina Beach while cruising through the streets in style.
This scenic cruise one of our most popular trips and heads north from our dock in Cortez, past Bean Point, just south of Egmont Key, and around the west side of Anna Maria Island along her pristine Gulf Beaches.
Share your experience - Rate Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Sarasota
Just a wonderful way to spend a day if you like nature, plants, ORCHIDS and trees. Very peaceful with benches here and there especially near the bay. Has a wonderful children's garden with boardwalks in the trees, waterfall and learning center in the trees. ❤
The best part beside the beauty is their dedication to research and protecting flowers throughout the world. I only give them a three out of five because they are charging adults something close to $20. That means a family with two adults and three children will find the experience requiring a bank loan. The fault is the miserly nature of the Florida government. They say they love tourists. They don't show it and it appears that we may be out pricing ourselves as a tourist destination. PS I worked there for 5 years as a volunteer gardener. I loved every minute of it, I just don't go very often anymore...
I LOVED it! The gardens were beautiful and the plants were well tended. The kids place where the canopy walkway was also REALLY cool. I was able to climb a banyan tree with no problem. But in the cafe line don't make any calls because they weren't quite nice to me. But over all it was fun,educational, and just REALLY fun.
World class botanical gardens. Been coming here on a regular basis since 1996. Awesome place to come and relax. One of the prettiest places in Sarasota. Every visit is something different. Love this place!!!
Lovely garden to visit. Great to see all the different types of flowers and plants. Think they're starting to show case various famous paintings and works of art there too. Worth the visit.
- Nearby Attractions
- Sarasota Classic Car Museum
- Save Our Seabirds
- Marina Jack II
- Marietta Museum - Art And Whimsy
- Westcoast Black Theatre Group
- Sarasota National Cemetery
- The Celery Fields
- 7697 Cove Terrace
- Bird Key Point
- Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- 5 Star Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Budget Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Cheap Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Luxury Hotels Near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Sarasota Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Sarasota
- 2 Days in Sarasota
- 3 Days in Sarasota
- 4 Days in Sarasota
- 5 Days in Sarasota
- 6 Days in Sarasota
- 7 Days in Sarasota