The RinglingCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota, FL 34243, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9413595700
- Ticket Price: 25 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Garden, View Point, Educational Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Nature
The Ringling - Review
Mable and John Ringling have left behind their legacy to serve and entertain people from all corners of the world through what is now the State of Art Museum of Florida. This museum is divided into various parts boasts of a collection of almost 20,000 displays and exhibits. This includes paintings of different genres, art work, sculptures, prints, photographs and much more to please your eyes with.
Ringling is said to have willed his property and estate completely in the name of the State of Florida before his death in 1936. The beautiful place could still not be opened completely to the public due to various legal issues as the estate was almost completely bankrupt at this time. Later on the state could at last clear all the debts on the name of the estate and thus the doors of the museum were opened to the public.
There is definitely a lot to witness inside this campus such as:
- Ca d’zan- The English meaning of this is ‘The House of John’ and this was the residence of Mable and John Ringling. The design and architecture is what catches the eye when you see this.
- The beautiful Rose Garden that is also the burial ground of Mable and John Ringling.
- Circus Museum and Tibbal’s Learning Centre is where you will come across the history of circus.
- Last but not the least is The Ringling Art Library that has a name that itself speaks about its content. This is where you will witness the best art pieces of the whole estate.
The Ringling Information
- Photography is a strict no-no inside the museum.
- You are expected to maintain discipline and silence in here.
- Students availing a discount are to show their proper ID documents.
- The main pieces on display are the European contemporary paintings especially the collection of Peter Paul Rubens.
- The place is popularly known as the Mable and John’s Ringling Art Museum.
The Ringling Ticket Prices
- Senior citizens $23; Students above 18yrs $5; Children above 6yrs $5; Children up to 5yrs have free entry.
The Ringling Hours
- The gates of the Ca d’Zan close an hour early.
How To reach The Ringling by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Bradenton Airport.
Restaurants Near The Ringling
- Marina Jack
- Columbia Restaurant
- Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
- Owen’s Fish Camp
- Daiquiri Deck
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sarasota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarasota and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Ringling
95% of people who visit Sarasota include The Ringling in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
94.44% of people start their The Ringling visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see The Ringling
73.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Ringling
The Ringling Trips
1 View11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Sarasota, Tampa, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale from PloieștiBy: Guest UserCity: Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Jacksonville, Sarasota
The Ringling, Sarasota Reviews
The Ringling Museum of Art is free on Mondays (thanks to John Ringling himself specifying that before his death) or $25 the rest of the week (including the circus museum.) Make sure to allow 5+ hours if you are going to enjoy the museums and grounds. Beautiful art literally hundreds of years old and collected by John Ringling himself from all over the world. Tours are given on the top of every hour near the main entrance which are quite interesting! Each painting and sculpture has a detailed description on laminated sheets in the room and near the painting /sculpture itself. This place will make you appreciate art and leave you in awe!
If you are spending time in Sarasota, Florida. I highly recommend visiting the Ringling Museum. A great place to take the whole family a for a Day out. You will get to experience Great Art, Gardens and great exhibitions about the Circus. Be sure to give your self a lot of time at this awesome museum. There is a great restaurant that sells burgers, hotdogs and many other lunch items. Everyone in my family really enjoyed their visit. If you ever visited the Circus as a child. The Circus exhibitions will take you back to your childhood. The attention to detail is amazing. This Museum certainly rates five stars and more. I highly recommend visiting here on your visit to Sarasota, Florida.
visited this museum while on vacation- and it is a MUST go to in the Sarasota area! the grounds are clean and well kept and the outdoor scenery and gardens are beautiful!! inside you find great artifacts of the circus in its early days with great information. there are shows playing and many interactive activities that are great for kids!! my favorite display was the small figurine model of the circus. so detailed and amazingly crafted. the model includes every part of the circus from the transportation to the preparation to the actual show itself! the staff is very friendly and willing to answer questions! thoroughly enjoyed my experience and highly recommend to others!!
I have lived in Tampa Florida for 45 years. First time at the Ringling museum. This place was worth the money for a few dollars more to the entrance fee we were able to enjoy an acrobatic/ magic show. You have to make reservations for the show because it was sold out when we first went and the shows are seasonal. A lot of bang for the buck, informative and very interesting.
We had a amazing time.spent over 5 hours and did not tour inside mansion. I have such a huge respect of what the Ringling circus crew and the incredible performers did to entertain the crowd. The Howard Bros. Circus did an amazing job in demonstrating this and you felt as if you were there. Thank you so much for the people that had the passion and dream and the volunteers and amazing staff to create and restore a part of the past