The Ringling624 Votes Currently Closed
Mable and John Ringling have left behind their legacy to serve and entertain people from all corners of the world through what is now the State of Art Museum of Florida. This museum is divided into various parts boasts of a collection of almost 20,000 displays and exhibits. This includes paintings of different genres, art work, sculptures, prints, photographs and much more to please your eyes with.
Ringling is said to have willed his property and estate completely in the name of the State of Florida before his death in 1936. The beautiful place could still not be opened completely to the public due to various legal issues as the estate was almost completely bankrupt at this time. Later on the state could at last clear all the debts on the name of the estate and thus the doors of the museum were opened to the public.
There is definitely a lot to witness inside this campus such as:
- Ca d’zan- The English meaning of this is ‘The House of John’ and this was the residence of Mable and John Ringling. The design and architecture is what catches the eye when you see this.
- The beautiful Rose Garden that is also the burial ground of Mable and John Ringling.
- Circus Museum and Tibbal’s Learning Centre is where you will come across the history of circus.
- Last but not the least is The Ringling Art Library that has a name that itself speaks about its content. This is where you will witness the best art pieces of the whole estate.
The Ringling Travel Tips
- Photography is a strict no-no inside the museum.
- You are expected to maintain discipline and silence in here.
- Students availing a discount are to show their proper ID documents.
- The main pieces on display are the European contemporary paintings especially the collection of Peter Paul Rubens.
- The place is popularly known as the Mable and John’s Ringling Art Museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Ringling
- Senior citizens $23; Students above 18yrs $5; Children above 6yrs $5; Children up to 5yrs have free entry.
The Ringling Hours
- The gates of the Ca d’Zan close an hour early.
How to Reach The Ringling
- The nearest airport is the Bradenton Airport.
- Marina Jack
- Columbia Restaurant
- Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
- Owen’s Fish Camp
- Daiquiri Deck
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sarasota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarasota and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.39% of people who visit Sarasota include The Ringling in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
94.44% of people start their The Ringling visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see The Ringling
73.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Ringling