The Ringling, Sarasota
About The Ringling, Sarasota
The Ringling, Sarasota - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota, FL 34243, United States
Ticket Price: 25 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.5K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Museum, Garden, View Point, Educational Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Mable and John Ringling have left behind their legacy to serve and entertain people from all corners of the world through what is now the State of Art Museum of Florida. This museum is divided into various parts boasts of a collection of almost 20,000 displays and exhibits. This includes paintings of different genres, art work, sculptures, prints, photographs and much more to please your eyes with.
Ringling is said to have willed his property and estate completely in the name of the State of Florida before his death in 1936. The beautiful place could still not be opened completely to the public due to various legal issues as the estate was almost completely bankrupt at this time. Later on the state could at last clear all the debts on the name of the estate and thus the doors of the museum were opened to the public.
There is definitely a lot to witness inside this campus such as:
- Ca d’zan- The English meaning of this is ‘The House of John’ and this was the residence of Mable and John Ringling. The design and architecture is what catches the eye when you see this.
- The beautiful Rose Garden that is also the burial ground of Mable and John Ringling.
- Circus Museum and Tibbal’s Learning Centre is where you will come across the history of circus.
- Last but not the least is The Ringling Art Library that has a name that itself speaks about its content. This is where you will witness the best art pieces of the whole estate.
The Ringling Information
- Photography is a strict no-no inside the museum.
- You are expected to maintain discipline and silence in here.
- Students availing a discount are to show their proper ID documents.
- The main pieces on display are the European contemporary paintings especially the collection of Peter Paul Rubens.
- The place is popularly known as the Mable and John’s Ringling Art Museum.
The Ringling Ticket Prices
- Senior citizens $23; Students above 18yrs $5; Children above 6yrs $5; Children up to 5yrs have free entry.
The Ringling Opening and Closing Hours
- The gates of the Ca d’Zan close an hour early.
How To reach The Ringling by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Bradenton Airport.
Restaurants Near The Ringling
- Marina Jack
- Columbia Restaurant
- Dry Dock Waterfront Grill
- Owen’s Fish Camp
- Daiquiri Deck
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sarasota before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sarasota and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Ringling, Sarasota Reviews - Write a Review
This museum is very beautiful. The offer a lot of beautiful art to see. They also have the virus museum on the grounds which is amazing to see. The museum offers a great little cafe as well. My favorite part was viewing the Ringling mansion and the gardens. There is a surprise spooky find awaiting for you to find in the garden. The grounds are full of beautiful scenery. Be careful not to walk close to the edge of the walkway near the picnic tables on the way to the mansion. There is a gap between it and the grass and I stumbled and hurt my knee a bit. There is nice shading throughout the grounds. Great place for a family day or a class field trip. We enjoyed our visit. My parents got married in the Rose garden three years ago. It was neat to be able to see where.
If you have never been to an art museum and you were dropped onto earth from outer space, this would be truly a memory that you would take back to your planet. This museum is so beautiful it defies words. From the Architecture of the structure itself, to the palatial grounds, the many, many beautiful sculptures, to the most amazing display of art from histories top international classic artist.... this is a MUST stop if you are in Sarasota. I am amazed at how many people do NOT know of this most precious gem of the culture of this beautiful city. Do not mistake this as a circus entity it is totally separate from the other main attractions at this location: the tour of the John and Mabel Ringling Mansion, and the Ringling Brothers Circus Museum.
Astonishing, elegant, fascinating! For a very reasonable $25, a visitor has access to 3 excellent museums and the opulent grounds of the former estate of John and Mable Ringling. Two excellent cafes and fine restaurant provide nourishment. The history and culture provided in such the Magnificent setting is Shear Delight. Not only that, but there is a wonderful playground for the young ones who might get Restless touring the exhibitions. Consider planning your visit for Thursday, when the museum on the grounds are open to visitors until 8 p.m.
It’s a great place to visit and even better on Monday’s when it’s free (no charge ) the normal $25 admission fee is waived. Either way free or charge it’s a fantastic place to see and stroll through. You won’t see any finer in Europe
A little pricey but worth the trip, it really is a step back in time. The museum is huge and the circus memorabilia was awesome. The tour of the house you really got the feel of the opulent days. So much detail in the building of the home much at Mables hands, too bad she didn’t get to enjoy it long. The grounds are amazing right on the water. So glad we went but took two days!
- Nearby Attractions
- North Water Tower Park
- Red Bug Slough
- Nora Patterson Bay Island Park
- Newtown Estates Park
- Fruitville Park
- Whitaker Gateway Park
- Ted Sperling Park
- Nathan Benderson Park
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park
- Urfer Family Park
- Sarasota Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Sarasota
- What to See in 48 Hours in Sarasota
- What to See in 72 Hours in Sarasota
- How to Spend 5 Days in Sarasota
- How to Spend 6 Days in Sarasota
- How to Spend 7 Days in Sarasota