Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary133 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Koyna Nagar, Koyna, Maharashtra 416212, Satara, India Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9872658697
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Situated in the district of Maharashtra, the Koyna wildlife sanctuary is one of the largest and most renowned in the region. It has even been declared a national heritage site. It has been so named because one of the rivers flowing through the region bears the same name. Surrounded by the Western Ghats and the Shiv Sagar Lake, it is covered by dense forests. The forests are home to wide variety of mammals like tigers, leopards, deer and otters. The vegetation is diverse and is spectacular. It is perfect for picnics and day trips for people who love to connect with nature.
More about Satara
Make your visit suitable to your interest, use Satara trip planner for personalization.
Add comfortable hotels to your plan, choose from the recommended hotels in Satara like Rajathadri Hotel, Devayani Multipurpose Hall And Lawn , Satara and Hotel Preeti Executive.
Choose from variety of exclusive Satara vacation packages for your next visit or create own own. Check out the various options for how to reach Satara and finish off your vacation package by booking the ideal transfer.
How to Reach Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rent bus/car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Satara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Satara and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary Address: Koyna Nagar, Koyna, Maharashtra 416212, Satara, India
- Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary Contact Number: +1-9872658697
- Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary Timing: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!