Visit Satna - Best of Satna
Bordering Madhya Pradesh, Satna is one of the most prominent cities of Madhya Pradesh inviting tourism owing to its number of attractions. In India, tourism and religious excursion are inextricably linked to one another. Satna is one of those cities of India that have risen in the tourism map as it is home to two major religious tourist places of Chitrakoot&Maihar. As for the district in which the city is located, it boasts of preserving the remnants of ancient Buddhist city called ‘Bharhut’, whose archaeological remains had been gifted to the major museums in the country and the world. It was in Chitrakoot that Lord Rama stayed during his exile. As you visit the famous Tulsi museum at Ram Van, you will be able to see many unique artistic sculptures belonging to the ancient times and were excavated here. A visit to Satna will also be incomplete if you don’t visit the Lord Shiva Temple at Birsinghpur. On the Mahashivratri Festival, thousands of devotees from across Satna get together at this temple to see the blessings of Lord Shiva. A visit to Satna will prove to be a religious as well as cultural retreat into the annals of India.
Satna Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Satna tips for your visit
- Satna Time Zone: IST (Indian Standard Time) GMT+5:30
- Currency: Currency used in Satna is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: India uses 230 Volts, 50 Hz alternating current as the power source. Plugs and sockets have grounded / earthed 3 Pin connections (Type D) or ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C).
- Internet: 3G, Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Satna is Hindi.
- Police: 100
- Emergency: 108
- Fire: 101
- Ambulance: 102
- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Refrain from getting overfriendly with strangers. Do not get too personal with people like taxi drivers, auto drivers, tourist guides, etc.
- Keep all your cash and valuables under lock and key in your hotel room. Avoid carrying and exhibiting them in busy streets.
- Try to dress modestly if you are visiting the sacred temples of Satna.
Are you looking for a Satna travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!