How to Reach Sault Ste. Marie - The Easiest Way to Reach Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste Marie can be easily accessed either from Michigan, USA or of course Canadian cities.
HOW TO GET TO SAULT STE. MARIE
- By Air: The city’s airport Sault Ste. Marie Airport, is located in the outskirt at about 20 kilometres downtown from the city centre.
- There are frequent flights to and from Toronto. Ottawa, Thunder Bay and Varadero in Cuba. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or a limo to the city, as there are no bus or shuttle services available.
- From Michigan, Chippewa County International Airport and the Sault Ste. Marie Municipal Airport are closest to Sault Ste Marie.
- By Rail: The city is a part of the Algoma Central Railway network that provide passenger service north of the Sault to Hearst. The train has multiple stops, which makes it a great opportunity for people heading outside the city for activities like camping, skiing, snowmobiling and the likes. However, the city is not linked to any other major city by rail.
- By Bus: You can reach Sault Ste Marie by choosing from the daily bus services Sudbury/Toronto and from Thunder Bay.
- By Snowmobile: Yes, you can reach Sault Ste Marie snowmobiling its 400 kilometres of snowmobile trails in the Sault area and 1000 kilometres in the Algoma district with connecting trails to Sudbury
HOW TO GET AROUND SAULT STE. MARIE
You can easily get around Sault Ste Marie walking, biking or taking the bus services. The city is not small and compact, in fact pretty big, but the absence of traffic and less number of vehicles makes it possible. This situation is perfect to explore the tow at your own paces, with the rugged outdoors, beaches and ski hills lying at a mere distance of half an hour from the city centre.
- By Bus: The local transit terminal is centrally located at 160 Queen Street East at Dennis St. With 8 regular and 3 community bus routes radiating from the city centre towards the mainly service residential areas of the city, the community routes that cater to malls, hospitals, retirement homes and the likes serve mostly the senior citizen and specially challenged.
- By Taxi: There are quite a few taxi services available within the city. If you enjoy a good ride, with a helpful driver, a customary tip of 10% or rounded-up fares along with a dollar for a bag carried, is mandatory.
- By Para-Transit Service: With a 24-hour prior notification, physically-disabled and dialysis patients can avail a para-transit service at a fare of $2.50.
Are you looking for a Sault Ste. Marie travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Sault Ste. Marie
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sault Ste. Marie. The most preferred mode of transport in Sault Ste. Marie is Car.
Average distance: 10.2 km Average time: 24.67 min
Car 66.67%Driving 11 min Overall average time for 13.6 kms 11 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 45 min Driving 7 min Overall average time for 3.4 kms 52 min
How to Reach Sault Ste. Marie from Nearby Cities
|Sault Ste. Marie to Sault Ste. Marie||0.28 km|
|Batchewana to Sault Ste. Marie||9.64 km||9 mins|
|Petoskey to Sault Ste. Marie||145.67 km||2 hours 53 mins|
- How to reach Desbarats
- How to reach Elliot Lake
- How to reach Chapleau
- How to reach Sables-spanish Rivers
- How to reach Birch Island
- How to reach South Baymouth
- How to reach Copper Cliff
- How to reach Elmview
- How to reach Mobert
- How to reach Montreal
- How to reach Toronto
- How to reach Vancouver
- How to reach Ottawa
- How to reach Niagara Falls
- How to reach Windsor