Fort BennettCurrently Open
- Address: Black Rock, Trinidad and Tobago, Scarborough Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
This small and beautiful fort is situated at the end of a sloping road and looks more like a mansion now. This lovely bungalow is said to have been built by the Dutch between 1628 and 1636. The remnants of the old original fort is said to be buried under the renovated building that we see now. This is according to experts an indication of the numerous renovations and the battles fought during this time. The fort was later captured by the British in the 1800 to regain their control over Tobago.
How to Reach Fort Bennett
- The nearest airport is the Tobago International Airport.
- Best of Thymes
- Chart House Restaurant
- Kariwalk Village Restaurant
- Cafe Coco
- Cafe Iguana
- Chef’s BBQ
- Ice Cream Plus
- Miss Esmie’s
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Scarborough before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Scarborough and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fort Bennett Address: Black Rock, Trinidad and Tobago, Scarborough
- Fort Bennett Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Fort Bennett(preferred time): 03:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Fort Bennett: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
76.3% of people who visit Scarborough include Fort Bennett in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
35.14% of people start their Fort Bennett visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Fort Bennett
92.14% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Bennett
People normally club together Grafton Caledonia Wildlife Sanctuary and Arnos Vale Reef while planning their visit to Fort Bennett.