How to Reach Scarborough - The Easiest Way to Reach Scarborough
- By Air: Nearest airport is Durham Tees Valley Airport, 70 km away from Scarborough.
- By Train: York, Leeds and Manchester have train services to Scarborough on an hourly basis. TransPennine Express runs fast train services from these stations into Scarbrough. Another Scarborough travel option is to take the less frequent Northern Rail from Bridlington and Hull.
- By Bus: An economical option would be to take the National Express that runs once a day from London. Arriva runs bus services on the hour from Middlesbrough, Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay.
- Coastliner also runs hourly services to York and Leeds.
- By Car: Take the A64 route from Leeds and York to get into Scarborough from Yorkshire. Another option is to take the A170 from Thirsk and Pickering, A165 from Hull and East Yorkshire or A171 from Whitby and Teesside. A major issue though with all these routes is the heavy traffic that you will encounter during summers and weekends.
You will find that the main Scarborough tourist places will either be located along the shore area or in the centre of town. At both these areas, the main sites are within walking distance of one another. Bus services are plenty and easily available.
- By Bus: Scarborough attractions very well connected internally and to its main suburbs and towns. Its 25 bus routes are run by Scarborough and District, Arriva North East and Yorkshire Coastliner. Scarborough also has open top tourist buses that run between the North and South Bay.
- By Train: Scarborough railway station is centrally location and runs services from York, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool. In the summer months, trains also run from London.
Are you looking for a Scarborough travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
- How to reach Whitby
- How to reach York
- How to reach Leeds
- How to reach Newcastle Upon Tyne
- How to reach Manchester
- How to reach Nottingham
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach Chester
- How to reach Northampton
- How to reach London
- How to reach Edinburgh
- How to reach Bath
- How to reach St Andrews
- How to reach Bristol
- How to reach Plymouth