St Mary's ChurchCurrently Open
- Address: Bronte House, 158 Castle Rd, Scarborough YO11 1HY, UK, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1723500541
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Community And Government, Religious, Churches, Landmarks
A stunning parish church located in the heart of Scarborough, St. Mary’s Church is considered to be built in the 12th century. The church can be seen high above the old town near the famous Scarborough Castle. Before it was destroyed during the English Civil War, St. Mary’s Church was a huge building with two big towers. However, after its destruction, the church was rebuilt in the 17th and 19th centuries and a square tower at the east end of the church was added. Listed as a Grade I Building, St. Mary’s Church is one of the most impressive landmarks in the town.
St Mary's Church Travel Tips
- Guidebooks are available for £ 1.
- Bring a jacket.
- There is a slope near the 199 steps that can be used for wheelchairs and prams.
- The church has restroom facilities that are disabled friendly.
St Mary's Church Hours
- If you manage to visit the Church on a Sunday, try to be there around 10 am when they are preparing it for the 11:00 am service.
- You can climb the steps to see the church exteriors and graveyard but the church is open only at specific times. It closes at 4:00 pm during winters.
How to Reach St Mary's Church
- Bus: Newcastle Packet – 6. Sand side (E bound) – 6
- The Albion
- Golden Grid
- Restaurant 55
8.12% of people who visit Scarborough include St Mary's Church in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
62.5% of people start their St Mary's Church visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see St Mary's Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Mary's Church