A C T Theatre50 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Washington State Convention Center, 700 Union St, Seattle, WA 98101, United States
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2062927676
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Performance, Stage Show, Theatre
Gregory A. Falls founded ACT in 1965 because he thought the Seattle theatre scene was oversaturated with classical productions. He wanted to see something new and avant garde. It took forty years, but in that time ACT has become a significant contemporary production house in the city, catering to audiences that are 'curious, open-minded, and brave'. Plays, dance, music, and film intimately explore the day's leading social issues, upto and including global warming, presidential ads and endangered species. The excellent productions are heavily geared towards getting younger generations to engage with theatre.
A C T Theatre Travel Tips
- Read the extensive FAQ on the attraction website before your visit.
- Disabled accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For A C T Theatre
- Pay What You Can on Sundays and Thursdays Matinee Shows, if seats available.
- Tuesdays: USD 20, all shows.
- 65+ get a discount of 25%.
- Students: USD 15 for any Mainstage production in advance.
- 25 and under: USD 20 tickets for any available Mainstage production in advance.
- TeenTix: USD 5 for all Mainstage plays and other specified shows.
- Group discounts of 10-20% available.
A C T Theatre Hours
- Closed Mondays (performance days, open 5:00pm until show time).
- Tuesday - Sunday: 12pm - 6pm
- Tuesday - sunday (performance days): 12:00pm until show time.
- Showtimes are variable. They may begin on 2pm, 7pm, 7:30pm or 8pm.
Check attraction website for day of your intended visit.
How to Reach A C T Theatre
- Buses 10, 11, 43, 47, 49, 84 stop Pike St & Convention Pl.
- Buses 76, 77, 301, 312, 316, 522 stop Union St & 6th Ave.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.6% of people who visit Seattle include A C T Theatre in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
75% of people start their A C T Theatre visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see A C T Theatre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting A C T Theatre
A C T Theatre Reviews & Ratings
One of Seattle's quality theatre establishments. ACT puts on a variety of great productions, often with diverse casts. Worth checking out.
We saw a one actress performance of The Year of Magical Thinking. She was extraordinary. The play was good but not great. Still the entire experience offered a reminder of just why we return to ACT. one special plus is that I have hearing issues and at ACT I am provided with a nifty closed caption screen at my seat that helps me catch any word I may have missed.
Saw Devi in the round. Fabulous! Sitting in the front row we could see all the jewelry, beautiful costumes, and expressions. This is a must see if you like Indian dancing and music. The theme of a powerful woman was very heart warming. I didn't want it to end. Transported back in time.
An iconic theater on Union in Seattle. Find a play that peaks your interest and enjoy the intimate setting. Than walk to dinner and share your thoughts in conversation!
Have been subscribers for 46 years, excellent theatre with quite the variety of genres.