Discovery Park2236 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 3801 Discovery Park Blvd, Seattle, WA 98199, United States, 98199
- Timings: 04:00 am - 11:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2063864236
- Fax: +1-2066840195
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Nature, Landmarks, Parks, Urban Parks
Discovery Park is an escape away from the daily hustle and bustle of the city. Situated on the western part of Seattle, it is a 543 acre park with a beach complete with a lighthouse and also houses the United Indians of All Tribes Daybreak Star Cultural Centre.
The park has well-marked paths that lead to the beach or for a hike up to Lawton Fort which was a military base previously but has now been closed down. The cemetery adjoining is also a very calm place. The waves lapping up to the shore, the serene environs of the trees is very relaxing. There are over a 200 species of flora and fauna that have been recorded so it's a must visit for nature buffs. It can be trip for half a day or so to spend in re-charging your senses, soaking in the sights and sounds of nature. The view of Puget Sound with Mt. Rainer in the distance, on a clear day it's one of the most pleasing sights Seattle has to offer.
The Daybreak Star Cultural Center is the central activity center for Native American tribes. The building's structure integrated features of modern architecture and Native American art and culture. It is an auditorium and art gallery and a place where Native American cultural events like the Pow wow- a dance are organized occasionally. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seattle Itinerary 6 Days.
Discovery Park Travel Tips
- This park is for moderately healthy people for trekking and enjoying the wilderness.
- Attire is sports or casual attire with comfortable walking shoes. Make sure to stick to the paths demarcated beforehand or there are chances of getting lost.
- Wheelchair access is available upto the beach.
Discovery Park Hours
- Park hours: 4am–11:30pm
- Environmental Learning Center: 8:30am–5pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
How to Reach Discovery Park
- Bus: W Emerson St and Magnolia Blvd W-19, 24
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- Anthony’s HomePort
- Mondello Risorante Italiano
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.99% of people who visit Seattle include Discovery Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.93% of people start their Discovery Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Discovery Park
92.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Discovery Park