Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture )Currently Closed
- Address: 325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, 98109, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2067702700
- Fax: +1-2067702727
- Ticket Price: 22 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum, Social, Arts, Museums
Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) - Review
Emp Museum Seattle also called as Museum of Pop Culture or MoPOP. If you want to explore the world of contemporary pop culture, then emp museum in Seattle which will suit your taste. EMP Seattle located in the Seattle Center. MoPOP was build in 2000 by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen. MoPOP is 140,000-square-foot and it will take min 2 hours visit. The Emp Museum Seattle is a vividly coloured museum which exhibits everything from science fiction and tech, exploring mythical worlds to examining the lure of horror and also discussions the success of indie gaming. Inside its bizarre and vividly colored building (21000 individual stainless steel pieces), the EMP Seattle nonprofit museum's homage to the greatest of contemporary pop culture is the greatest tribute to its kind. You can get the Emp Museum tickets from the ticket counter. You can also book the museum of pop culture Seattle tickets well in advance. Describing the experience of this MoPop museum is difficult, so just consider the following highlights.
- The Guitar Gallery: 256 guitars, most of them played by legends of music such as Eddie Van Halen and Kurt Cobain.
- Sound Lab: Basically a soundproofed musically creative playroom with state of the art infrastructure.
- On Stage: Practice your stage skill in front of a simulated live audience.
- IF VI WAS IX: a sound sculpture composed of 500 musical instruments and 30 computers.
- Sky Church: concert, cinema and dance hall for 800.
- On The Wall: Vote for your favourite music and see how it affects the rankings on the gigantic video wall.
- Culture Kitchen: A full service cafe with seasonal food.
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame: The greatest authors in the genre, honored.
There are some Emp Museum events 2018 -
- MINECON Earth - 29th September, 2018, 10 am - 5 pm, Sky Church at MoPOP
- Campout Cinema screening of Scream - 5th October 2018, 5:50 pm, Sky Church at MoPOP
- Fashionably Undead VIII - 20th October 2018, 9 pm - 1 am
- Member Morning - 21st October 2018, 9 pm
- MoPOP Matinee of Young Frankenstein (1974) - 21st October 2018, 2 pm TALK & BOOK SIGNING, 3 pm FILM BEGINS, JBL Theater at MoPOP
- Halloween Campout Cinema screening of A Nightmare on Elm Street - 31st October 2018, Sky Church at MoPOP
You can also book the Emp Museum tour tickets to get a guided tour of the museum and enhance the overall experience. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seattle Itinerary 6 Days.
Get your journey sorted by making a plan around Emp Museum using Seattle trip planner.
Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) Information
- Lots of street parking in the surrounding area.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Emp museum address - 325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA.
Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) Ticket Prices
Mopop tickets -
- Adults: USD 26
- Seniors/Students: USD 23
- Military (with ID): USD 20
- Youth: USD 17
Emp museum admission plus Marvel exibition price -
- Adults: USD 34
- Seniors/Students: USD 31
- Military (with ID): USD 28
- Youth: USD 25
- Emp Members: USD 8
Seattle Maker Faire tickets -
- Adult: USD 19
- Student: USD 15
- Youth: USD 10
- MoPOP Member: USD 14
- MoPOP Member Youth (5-17): USD 7
Emp museum seattle tickets free for children & mebers.
Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) Hours
Emp museum timing -
- Everyday: 10 am – 7 pm
Emp museum hours by month -
- 25th May - 3rd Sep: 10 am – 7 pm
- 4th Sep - 21st Nov: 10 am - 5 pm
- 22nd Nov: Closed
- 23 & 24th Nov: 10 am - 7 pm
- 25th Nov - 15th Dec: 10 am - 5 pm
- 16th Dec - 23rd Dec: 10 am - 7 pm
- 24th Dec: 10 am - 3pm
- 25th Dec: Closed
- 26th Dec - 30th Dec: 10 am - 7 pm
- 31st Dec - 1st Jan 2019: 10 am - 5 pm
How To reach Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) by Public Transport
- Buses 3, 4, 82 stop 5th Ave N & Broad St.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
- Seattle Center Monorail stop 370 Thomas St, Seattle, WA 98109
Restaurants Near Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture )
- Sky City Restaurant and Bar
- Sport Restaurant and Bar
- Skillet Counter
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture )
72.74% of people who visit Seattle include Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
56.53% of people start their Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture )
85.93% of people prefer walking in order to reach Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture )
Emp Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ) Trips
4 Views24 Days 23 Nights24 Day Trip to Chicago, Seattle, Washington, D. C., Pittsburgh, Jersey City, Niagara Falls from Brisbane CityBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Seattle, Chicago, Niagara Falls, Jersey City, Washington D. C., Pittsburgh
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Rome, Miami, New York City, Seattle from AdelaideBy: Guest UserCity: Rome, Miami, Seattle, New York City
EMP Museum ( Museum Of Pop Culture ), Seattle Reviews
Absolutely loved this museum. It's right next to the Space Needle and the Seattle monorail station so it's super convenient. The exhibits here are outstanding and I only wish I could have spent more time there. The music area has "jam rooms" where you can play instruments with your friends and also interactive displays. But my favorite exhibit by far was the Marvel exhibition, which is only available for a limited time if I recall correctly. If you've got time in Seattle, definitely spend a few hours here.
I had visited when it was still the Experience Music Project years ago and oh how much it has changed! Now the Museum of Pop Culture, there was so much to experience. We loved the Indie Games Exhibit as our son wants to be a video game designer. The Marvel exhibit was amazing and I highly recommend adding it on to your experience. We got a membership so we can experience all that is has to offer it's entirety.
Loved this place. Didn't really know what it was before going. Getting to see all the stuff from movies and TV shows that I love was amazing. They have different special exhibits on, I got to see the marvel one which was great. I thought it was very reasonably priced and would go again.
The Marvel exhibit was awesome. There was a lot of great costumes and history there. Some of the other exhibits were a bit dated. Like the Fantasy area had some amazing stuff but it really could use some more new things like Game of Thrones or something. Worth a visit for sure though.
Truly enjoy this museum. It's my 3rd time visiting but it never disappoints me. The atrium has a mega screen that shows special music videos and the selected episodes of receivers of the Hall of Fame. The horror movie section is fantastic! The other regular displays give you some ideas about pop culture. A good place for family and friends to hang out.