Frye Art Museum, Seattle
About Frye Art Museum, Seattle
Frye Art Museum, Seattle - Address, Phone Number
Address: 704 Terry Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, United States
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.4K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Frye Art Museum is an Art museum situated in Seattle. On display are paintings and sculptures from 19th Century onwards till date. Fritz Baer, Leon Barillot, Eugene Louis Boudin, Anton Braith, Arnold Gorter, Gabriel Cornelius Ritter von Max are few of the many artists whose paintings are on display at the museum. A definite visit for art lovers.
Frye Art Museum Information
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Please avoid touching the artworks.
- Store your belongings at the information Desk.
- Still photography without flash is allowed in almost every areas of the museum, except the temporary exhibition.
- Tripods, monopods, and video cameras are not permitted.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed.
- Children under 12 years should be accompanied by an adult.
- For private guided tour, prior appointment is required.
Frye Art Museum Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Frye Art Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Public tours by trained gallery guides: 11:30am (Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday) & 1:00pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Private Tours: 2:00pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
How To reach Frye Art Museum by Public Transport
- Boren Ave & Columbia Street bus stop
Restaurants Near Frye Art Museum
- The Frye’s Gallery Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Frye Art Museum, Seattle Reviews - Write a Review
I highly recommend checking out the Frye if you haven't yet. Their permanent collection isn't the most impressive (a version of Franz Stuck's "The Sin" is their main claim to fame), but their temporary exhibitions are engaging and well thought out. Going there is always free (the museum's founder asked it be so in his will) and there are events and guided tours. The building is sleek and well lit.
Free. Great little art museum with a wide variety of different collections. Including their main collection. Had an amazing collection of photographs of paper when I went.
I love the Frye. They have innovative and modern art, they always have fascinating new exhibits and at least one large room full of 18th and 19th century European art. Don’t be fooled, it’s larger inside than it looks! And definitely definitely check out the wonderful gift shop and cafe. I could spend hours here.
Lovely little museum. After browsing the current "visiting" works, it's always nice to view the founders extensive collection (which is rotated regularly each year).
I've been here twice now and the first time was definately more interesting than the second, next time I'll check online to see whats going on before I make the trip..
- Nearby Attractions
- Meat & Bread
- Merchant's Cafe And Saloon
- Book Larder
- The Grill From Ipanema
- On The Park Apartments
- Kenmore Air Harbor Spb Airport
- Neko - A Cat Cafe
- The Golden Olive
- Seattle Marriott Redmond
- Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport
- Seattle Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Seattle
- What to See in 48 Hours in Seattle
- What to See in 72 Hours in Seattle
- How to Spend 5 Days in Seattle
- How to Spend 6 Days in Seattle
- How to Spend 7 Days in Seattle