Georgetown Steam Plant
- Address: 6605 13th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108, United States
- Phone: +1-2067632542
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids
Streetcars were once ubiquitous in Seattle, and they needed more power than they were getting from the grid; thus this steamplant was born. Practically no-one uses steam turbines anymore, but at the time it was a the cutting edge of technology. AS such, the plant has been declared a National Historic Landmark. The turbines at the plant are still capable of operation, and so totally worth checking out. Sometimes there are steam meets, where steam hobbyists come together here to do something fun like a picnic or a barbeque.
Georgetown Steam Plant Travel Tips
- Groups of 15+ should call before they visit.
Georgetown Steam Plant Hours
- Free guided tours at 11am and 1pm.
- Open once a month only, on Second Saturdays.
- Annual Bar-b-Que Potluck Picnic: 2nd Saturday of May: 10am-4pm
How to Reach Georgetown Steam Plant
- Buses 60 and 124 stop Ellis Ave S & S Warsaw St.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.41% of people who visit Seattle include Georgetown Steam Plant in their plan
33.33% of people start their Georgetown Steam Plant visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Georgetown Steam Plant
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Georgetown Steam Plant