Green Lake Park1669 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 7201 E Green Lake Dr N, (between N Aurora Ave & N Stone Ave), Seattle, WA 98103, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-2066844075
- Tags: Garden, Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
Green Lake Park is a wonderful destination for a day picnic or camping. The name Green Lake is derived from the lake having a lot of algae when it was discovered, giving it a green hue. The expanse of the former glacial lake, later man-made is wide and is home to a number of activities by the lake-side and in its waters. Seasonal boating, golf and a number of other games can be indulged in beside the picturesque lake. The lake has paved paths around it for cyclists and for people who like to run and one for sightseeing.
There is a small island in the lake but that island is out of access for people but it adds to the pretty view of the lake. This park is also home to a lot of bird species and various plant life. For people looking for a natural getaway, Green Lake Park is the place for you. For summer vacations this place is perfect because you can go camping on the camp ground and you can also enjoy summer special sports.
Green Lake Park Travel Tips
- The park is crowded because it is a popular spot for locals as well as visitors.
- The vehicular traffic on the roads to the park can be a bit of a problem.
Entrance Ticket Details For Green Lake Park
- Empire Passport: USD 65, provides you unlimited day use vehicle entry into most of our parks.
How to Reach Green Lake Park
- Bus: Aurora Ave N and N 76th St. 358
- Beth’s Cafe
- St. Andrew’s Bar and Grill
- Pho Than Brothers
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.16% of people who visit Seattle include Green Lake Park in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
30% of people start their Green Lake Park visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Green Lake Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Green Lake Park
Green Lake Park Reviews & Ratings
great location, but not enough parking spots around.
Wonderful lake and park
I'm Pickle Rick!