Lake Union Park563 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 860 Terry Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, United States, 98109
- Timings: 04:00 am - 11:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2066844075
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Leisure, Landmarks
This 12 acre park is only one of Lake Union's many attractions. Plans for the park were ambitious. Not only was it to connect adjoining neighborhood and provide access to the water, the city also wanted it to celebrate the industrial and maritime heritage of the area. The latter was achieved through the creation of the Museum of History & Industry on the park's premises. As for the rest, they restored the shoreline, built a pond for model boat sailing, constructed a pedestrian bridge, planted trees, and established a Historic Ship Wharf that houses significant vessels. The park occasionally organises events such as movie screenings, marathons and model boat races - keep yourself updated on the Discover Lake Union website.
Lake Union Park Travel Tips
- The spray feature of the park is closed for 2016. It will reopen in the next year.
How to Reach Lake Union Park
- STCR SLU stop SLU Streetcar & Terry Ave N.
- By buses 40 and C Line stop Westlake Ave N & Mercer St.
- By buses 70 and 83 stop Fairview Ave N & Minor Ave N.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.31% of people who visit Seattle include Lake Union Park in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
36.36% of people start their Lake Union Park visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lake Union Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Union Park