Seattle Art Museum2517 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1300 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2066543100
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums
The Seattle Art Museum has three branches. This is the main museum. The other two are the Seattle Asian Art Museum and the Olympic Sculpture Park.
This 29000 square metre exhibition space has over 25000 in its collection. Unusually for an exhibit if this size, it does not host much traditional European art, though there is a scattering of paintings by Italian artists. Most of its collection focuses on ethnic art, modern art and 20th century paintings. A notable collection is a spectacular one of Aboriginal Australian Art. Others include Ancient American, Ancient Mediterranean, Islamic, Native American, Oceanic, and Pacific Northwest.
To shore up its exhibitions of traditional art, the museum invites highly rated travelling exhibitions, some of which draw record numbers of visitors.
One of the most magnificent and notable pieces is actually just outside the museum, a 3.5 metre kinetic sculpture called the Hammering Man by Jonathan Borofsky, which celebrates the common worker. It's arm moves up and down four times a minute.
Nearly a million people visit every year.
Every art lover wishes to visit the famous Seattle Art Museum. Infact, any visit to Seattle cannot be complete without a visit to Seattle Art Museum. Tickets for Seattle Art Museum are always in demand and sometimes you have to bear long lines to order to get Seattle Art Museum tickets. As you book tickets for Seattle Art Museum with us, you get a chance to understand the significance of art pieces and this place better. Check our tickets section to know the Seattle Art Museum ticket prices in detail.
Seattle Art Museum Travel Tips
- Paid parking is available.
- Wheelchairs available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Check out the bookshop, gift shop and souvenir gallery.
- Check out the Taste Cafe.
- Check the attraction website for current and upcoming exhibits and events.
- Discount rates are available for groups of 10 or more people
Entrance Ticket Details For Seattle Art Museum
- Adults: $19.95
- Senior(62+): $17.95
- Military(with ID): $17.95
- Students (with ID): $12.95
- Teens (13 -19): $12.95
- Children (12 and under): free
Seattle Art Museum Hours
- Tour times vary through the year.
First Thursday of every month: free admission
First Friday of every month: free admission for seniors.
How to Reach Seattle Art Museum
- Buses 21, 29, 37, 41, 106, 113, 114, 121, 122, 123, 143, 150, 157, 158, 159, 177, 178, 179, 190, 192, 308, 577, 578 ,601 stop 2nd / Pike
- Buses 5, 17, 18, 19, 21, 24, 26, 27, 28, 33, 37, 40, 55, 56, 57, 62, 116, 118 119, 120, 124, 131, 132, 304, 355, 994 stop 3rd Ave & Union St
- LINK Light Rail stop University Street Station- Bay A
- Wild Ginger
- Japonessa Sushi Cocina
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Seattle Art Museum Address: 1300 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, United States
- Seattle Art Museum Contact Number: +1-2066543100
- Seattle Art Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Seattle Art Museum Price: 20 USD
- Time required to visit Seattle Art Museum: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.7% of people who visit Seattle include Seattle Art Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
40.35% of people start their Seattle Art Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Seattle Art Museum
60% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seattle Art Museum
People normally club together Pike Place Market and Centre For Wooden Boats while planning their visit to Seattle Art Museum.
Seattle Art Museum Reviews & Ratings
can i buy ticket in front gateAnswer Report Abuse
Does the museum have a bag check, where I could leave a carry-on sized suitcase?Answer Report Abuse
There is a bag check at the Seattle Art Museum. Bags that are larger than 11X15 in size or any other backpacks, shopping bags, and purses are checked at the museum. There is no information available, though, regarding any storage facility at the museum. You can inquire before visiting by calling on 206.343.1101.Report Abuse