Seattle Asian Art Museum643 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Volunteer Park, 1400 E Prospect St, Seattle, WA 98112, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2066543100
- Ticket Price: 9 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Museums, Specialty Museums
Part of the Seattle Art Museum, this branch focuses exclusively on ethnological art out of china, Japan, India, Korea, Southeast Asia, the Himalayas, the Philippines, and Vietnam. But before that, take a look at the incredible architecture of the building, which is pure Art Moderne gold. The building is a designated Seattle landmark. Inside, you'll find busts, coins, discs, china, cutlery, paintings, decorative items, bronze figurines, prints, drawings, paintings, textiles, and jars. This is one of the richest collections of Asian Art in America. And of course, this does not include the wonderful special exhibitions, which you should find out about from the attraction website.
Seattle Asian Art Museum Travel Tips
- Parking is free at volunteer park.
- Wheelchairs are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Photography restricted areas will be marked.
- Check out the extensive list of rules and prohibitions on the attraction website.
- Check out the lectures in the Gardner Centre and the SAM shop.
Entrance Ticket Details For Seattle Asian Art Museum
- Military, Students, Teens 13-19: USD 5
- Seniors 62+: USD 6
- Free for below 12
- Free on First Thursdays.
- Free to seniors on First Fridays.
- Free to families on First Saturdays.
- Second Thursdays: free 5pm-9pm
- Free for military and five family members Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Tours are free with museum admission.
- Adults: USD 7
- Seniors, students: USD 4
Seattle Asian Art Museum Hours
- Tour times vary throughout the year.
How to Reach Seattle Asian Art Museum
- Bus 10 stop 15th Ave E & E Highland Dr
- Bus 49 stop 10th Ave E & E Galer St
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.77% of people who visit Seattle include Seattle Asian Art Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
45.45% of people start their Seattle Asian Art Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Seattle Asian Art Museum
90.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seattle Asian Art Museum
Seattle Asian Art Museum Reviews & Ratings
Cemetery located on the hill. Gorgeous views.
The remodeling is almost done, beautiful old building, plenty of parking, check it out after the face lift is done.
My favorite museum in Seattle I haven't visited recently because it has been closed for renovations. But I felt it was a wonderful experience before and am excited to see how they have improved on an already rich experience. The ancient sculptures portraying people and there dieties cultures can be experienced through touch, sound and site.
1 of the best museums I have ever visited. Although it's small in size, the museum offers a great selection of asian art and culture items. I was very impressed with how knowledgeable the staff are and great pride they have in keeping this place open. Excellent gifts at the shop and foods decent at the cafe.
Great place to sit, relax, take in the Black Sun sculpture overlooking the reservoir and the sights of Seattle below.