Sky View Observatory, Seattle
About Sky View Observatory, Seattle
Sky View Observatory, Seattle - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 701 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104
Ticket Price: 15 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
Added 54.9K times in trip plans
View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
From the 73rd floor of the Columbia Centre building, at 900 feet above the ground, this 360 degree observatory is the highest viewpoint west of the Mississippi. The view is incredible enough in the day time, but at sunset and at night there are few words to describe how utterly breathtaking the view its. You don't just get to see the city. Mount Ranier, Lake Washington, the Cascade Mountains, Elliot Bay and the Space Needle are all part of this extravagant sight. It is universally agreed that the view here is better than the one you get at the Space Needle. Part of the reason for that is the lack of crowds.
Make use of Seattle trip planner to get suggested time to see and visit this Sky View Observatory.
Sky View Observatory Information
- Check out the cafe.
- Handicapped accessible.
Sky View Observatory Ticket Prices
- Children (6–12 years): $9
- Students and Military with ID: $9
- Seniors (of 55+): $9
- Annual Membership: $95
- For group visit: check the official website
Sky View Observatory Opening and Closing Hours
- Sky View Observatory is closed on Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and New Year’s Day.
How To reach Sky View Observatory by Public Transport
- Buses 111, 114, 212, 214 ,216 ,217 ,218, 219, 402 ,405, 410, 412, 413 ,415 ,416 ,417 ,421 ,422, 424, 425, 435, 510, 511, 512, 513, 550 ,554, 590, 594, 595 stop 4th Ave & Cherry St
- Bus 12 stop Marion St & 4th Ave
- LINK and Buses 41, 74, 101, 102, 106, 150, 255, 550 stop Pioneer Square Station
Restaurants Near Sky View Observatory
- Pappazi Pizza
- Specialty’s Cafe and Bakery
- Basil Box
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sky View Observatory, Seattle Reviews - Write a Review
Just spectacular. I’ve only lived in the city for 3 months but I am so glad I stopped in as soon as I could! The beautiful updated skyscraper is just fabulous. The views speak for themselves! A must Do for visiting family members etc. I plan to visit again when it snows! Can’t wait.
Amazing view! Elevator to the observation floor was smooth, and convenient. Once at the very top floor, the views are breathless, plenty of room to walk around, and view the entire city. On the wall, you can read facts.
Luckily not as popular as the Space Needle or Pike Place Market, but much better then both! Really awesome 360° view to the whole region! Definitely worth the ~$15!
A must-go if you're in Seattle. It's twice as tall as the space needle and you get to SEE the space needle from the top, of course, which makes for much more identifiable skyline pictures. Plus it's half the price! The views are incredible. We were lucky enough to be there on a very sunny day and ended up spending 2 hours at the top. I wish they'd open up at night too (they might during summer hours but we weren't so lucky). Definitely worth the money.
Breathtaking experience. Visited Seattle to see family -- first trip here -- pretty blown away by the size of the city. It is pretty big. I would have to say, seeing the sky of Seattle from the observatory was a high point of my entire trip!
- Nearby Attractions
- Seattle Ferry Toll Booth
- Ada's Technical Books And Cafe
- Open Books A Poem Emporium
- Il Bistro
- Clever Bottle
- 13 Coins Seattle
- Seattle-tacoma International Airport - South Satellite
- 17801 International Blvd
- Porkchop & Co.
- Seattle Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Seattle
- What to See in 48 Hours in Seattle
- What to See in 72 Hours in Seattle
- How to Spend 5 Days in Seattle
- How to Spend 6 Days in Seattle
- How to Spend 7 Days in Seattle