5th Avenue Theatre
- Address: Rainier Square, 1308 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, 98101, United States
- Phone: +1-2066251900
- Fax: +1-2062929610
- Ticket Price: 25 USD
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Theatre, Family And Kids, Social, Entertainment, Music And Show Venues
This landmark theatre building was opened in 1926 and has since become one of the leading musical theatre show houses in the world. It is owned by the University of Washington. The theatre has 2130 seats. Every season it has about six or seven programmes, including locally produced materials and musicals on tour. The lavish productions are universally loved, and there are few better ways for a family to spend an evening out in Seattle. Best of all, in addition to soft drinks and wine, they serve beer at your seats. The decoration inside is classic, almost reminiscent of Baroque theatres. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Seattle itinerary 6 days.
- Theatre opens 45 minutes before the show; seating begins 30 minutes before.
- The theatre has an extensive list of regulations. Check it out on the attraction website.
- The times and prices and time recommendations given here are for the box office. Shows may run to 3 hours in length, and begin after the box office has closed.
- Show prices vary by time and performance. Check attraction website for the show you want to see. A general starting price is USD 25.
- Recommended time to visit between 10 am - 5 pm.
Box office hours
- Monday through Friday, 10 AM – 6 PM
- Saturday, 12 Noon- 5 PM
- Sunday, 12 Noon- 5 PM
- Opens 90 minutes before showtime.
- LINK, and buses 41, 74, 101, 102, 106, 150, 255, 550 stop University Street Station- Bay A
- Buses 76, 77, 301, 312, 316, 522 stop Union St & 6th Ave
- Buses 2 and 630 stop Seneca St & 6th Ave
- Buses 143, 157, 158, 159, 179, 192, 252, 255, 257, 268, 311, 510, 511, 512 , 513, 545, 577, 592, 601 stop 5th Ave & Seneca St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
26% of people who visit Seattle include 5th Avenue Theatre in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
40.3% of people start their 5th Avenue Theatre visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see 5th Avenue Theatre
52.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting 5th Avenue Theatre
The theater has a beautiful old time Asian theme. Ushers and staff are helpful and friendly. The performance, that I attended, Annie was endearing and playful. The actors/singers were well rehearsed and proficient, the writing was witty, and the adaptation to stage was effective, if a little bit truncated. It was directed well, although it was a bit kitschy in regard to blocking and choreography. All told, I enjoyed my time here very much.
Wonderful theater! The show was amazing! Staff were helpful and friendly. The theater is gorgeous. The lobby get completely jammed during intermission, so if you need to use the restroom pack your patience. Cannot wait to see another show there!
Beautiful theatre! This was my first time seeing a performance here and I was in awe. We had seats in the very back and I still had a good view and the sound wasn't compromised. The only downside was the super bright spotlight window being right behind us. Several people looked back at the bright light and it illuminated everyone around us. The seats are spaced nicely though so you have a clear view in-beteeen the people sitting in front of you.
"Come From Away" is a terrific show. It's definitely worth seeing. The elevator for those who need it It was a walk to get to but it worked for us. I don't know the setup for those with wheelchairs or walkers but check their website or call them for that info. The location is easily accessible to public transit. I recommend The Fifth Avenue Theatre to everyone visiting Seattle.
This is an amazing theatre with a long history. The production quality is fantastic and almost every play has been a standout. We had season tickets a few years ago but moved away, we are so happy we are back and already have our season tickets for the upcoming season. Highly recommend!