University Of Washington
Tours for University Of Washington
About University Of Washington, Seattle
If you're not a student checking out campuses, your visit is likely going to a lot shorter than. The campus is pretty, but most of the time you'll probably just be student watching.
That said, there are just about a handful of activities you can take up.
- The Sylvan Grove Theatre is a favourite student hangout, quiet and tranquil.
- The Drumheller Fountain is worth checking out.
- Liberal Arts Quadrangle - The Quad: Gothic buildings surround a cherry tree clearing
- Medal of Honor Memorial: A memorial for the university graduates who've earned the nation's highest military honour
- Rainier Vista: at the magic hour of dusk, this location gives you a lovely view of Mount Rainier
- Central Plaza: This red brick square is the main gathering space for students. Check out the broken obelisk.
- George Washington Statue: Carved in 1909
- Husky Stadium: an outdoor football stadium with seating for 70000
In addition to these, there are multiple libraries, eating areas to check out.
University Of Washington Information
- Get the campus map from the university website.
- Paid parking is available.
University Of Washington Opening and Closing Hours
- Though the university itself may be open all hours, it will for obvious reasons be closed to visitors and tourists after hours.
How To Get To University Of Washington by Public Transport
- Buses 31, 32, 67, 75, 78, 277, 372, 540, 810, 821, 855, 860, 871, 880 stop Stevens Way & Benton Ln
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 20.4K times in trip plans
Library, Educational Site, Theatre, Family And Kids, University
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book University Of Washington Tickets And Tours
Small group tours of Seattle. Space Needle, Pike Place Market and all major attractions, highlights and picture postcard photo-ops on a three hour tour in comfortable motor coaches with tours of never more than 14 guests. Fun, entertaining and informative guides provide local flavor with personal anecdotes and historical nuggets only a local could know.
On the Snoqualmie Falls and Seattle winery tour you will see incredible views and taste wines at Chateau Ste. Michelle and another boutique winery. This sightseeing excursion will lead you deep into the rolling Cascade foothills, past lush horse ranches and flower farms to popular Hollywood locations for such famous productions as Twin Peaks, Northern Exposure and The Vanishing. Scenic single lane rural roads lead you up to the peaceful shadow of Mount Si through the Snoqualmie River Valley to the edge of the breathtaking 270 foot Snoqualmie Falls.
Of all the mountains that surround Seattle, Mt Rainier stands the boldest. Appreciate the beauty of Mt Rainier on this full-day tour from Seattle. On clear days, you can see the mountain from downtown, but to grasp its full grandeur and magnificence, you must see it up close!
If you're amazed by flying and airplanes, this is an essential experience! Tour the factory where they build and test the famous Boeing aircraft, the world's number one aerospace company. During this 4-hour small-group tour, spend 1.5-hours inside the impressive Boeing factory on a tour that showcases the magnificent 747, 767, 777 aircraft used worldwide and the Dreamliner which is currently in production, all housed here in the world's largest building!
Share your experience - Rate University Of Washington, Seattle
Possibly the best kept University/college secret in the US. Please continue giving it rankings below the top 10 so that people don't know about the value. Please continue to not place it as one of the best because I don't want more people to flood the beautiful campus and incredible facilities. And fortunately, very few people use google reviews as a criteria for selecting their college. I got in many years ago and decided to go to a University to the south because I assumed the smaller classes and more elite group of students would better serve me. I was wrong. I regret never getting my BA from the UW. However, I've gotten a follow up certificate and have studied in the libraries for years and also have enjoyed the campus time and time again. "It's simply amazing!" as Will Ferrell spouted off facetiously about Harvard. He should have said it about the UW. Because it is. Amazing. Simply. Amazing!
No wonder people keep saying UW is one the most beautiful university in USA. We visited during early October. The walk up and down the mountain, in and out the trees, around the elegant architecture is such fulfilling journey.
A pretty nice campus close to the Pacific Ocean. I enjoyed walking through it on a sunny day. I've been at more impressive universities but this one is worth checking out if you have the time.
They'll nickel and dime you to an inch of your life. I'm sure afterwards they're going to shamelessly ask me for a donation too. I've already paid you guys a hundred grand, how much more do you want?
Best school in the world. And so gorgeous!!
- Nearby Attractions
- Museum Of History And Industry
- Washington Park Arboretum
- Seattle Center
- Woodland Park Zoo
- The 5th Avenue Theatre
- Seattle Great Wheel
- Volunteer Park
- Seattle Aquarium
- Lake Washington
- The Seattle Waterfront Or Central Waterfront
- Hotels Near University Of Washington
- Hotels Near University Of Washington
- 5 Star Hotels Near University Of Washington
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near University Of Washington
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near University Of Washington
- Budget Hotels Near University Of Washington
- Cheap Hotels Near University Of Washington
- Luxury Hotels Near University Of Washington
- Seattle Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Seattle
- 2 Days in Seattle
- 3 Days in Seattle
- 4 Days in Seattle
- 5 Days in Seattle
- 6 Days in Seattle
- 7 Days in Seattle