University Of WashingtonCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: University of Washington, Seattle, WA , United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-206432100
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Educational Site, Theatre, Family And Kids, University
If you're not a student checking out campuses, your visit is likely going to a lot shorter than. The campus is pretty, but most of the time you'll probably just be student watching.
That said, there are just about a handful of activities you can take up.
- The Sylvan Grove Theatre is a favourite student hangout, quiet and tranquil.
- The Drumheller Fountain is worth checking out.
- Liberal Arts Quadrangle - The Quad: Gothic buildings surround a cherry tree clearing
- Medal of Honor Memorial: A memorial for the university graduates who've earned the nation's highest military honour
- Rainier Vista: at the magic hour of dusk, this location gives you a lovely view of Mount Rainier
- Central Plaza: This red brick square is the main gathering space for students. Check out the broken obelisk.
- George Washington Statue: Carved in 1909
- Husky Stadium: an outdoor football stadium with seating for 70000
In addition to these, there are multiple libraries, eating areas to check out.
- Get the campus map from the university website.
- Paid parking is available.
- Though the university itself may be open all hours, it will for obvious reasons be closed to visitors and tourists after hours.
- Buses 31, 32, 67, 75, 78, 277, 372, 540, 810, 821, 855, 860, 871, 880 stop Stevens Way & Benton Ln
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Seattle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Seattle and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.34% of people who visit Seattle include University Of Washington in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
45.08% of people start their University Of Washington visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see University Of Washington
92.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting University Of Washington
Easily one of the best places I've ever worked in my 7+ year professional career. The campus is, of course, architecturally and ecologically one of the prettiest in the nation -- and visits to the library were always super productive.
Awesome campus, great faculty and many activities happening around. Spectacular location. It’s a great tourist spot too since there are so many beautiful places inside the campus.
The top of the University in the world. There are so many classic buildings and stories. Go for a walk and take a picture of the campus, so nice.
As an alumnus of the University of Washington, I can easily say this was the best university experience for me. I loved everything from student housing to all my professor in the MBA program. Wish I still live in Seattle, but work and additional collegiate studies took me away.
What an amazing experience to enjoy the beauty of nature at the Cherry and Magnolia Blossoms at the University of Washington, Seattle this Saturday. Perfect weather- beautiful sun, blue skies and brisk spring chill in the air. Year after year these trees put up an awesome show of nature. Fragrant blooms and ever changing colors and patterns of nature. Pretty much every nationality could be heard in the linguistic chatter. Good or bad, it was hard not to distracted from admiring the amazing show of nature due to constant chatter, selfies and dramatic poses people prefer. If you are willing to discard lower 6' zone then one can really appreciate the colors, the blooms, contrasting tree branches against beautiful blue skies.