The Alcazar of Segovia is a stone fortress situated in the old city of Segovia, Spain. Located atop Guadarrama Mountains, the construction of the Alcazar started sometime in the year 1120 and it was completed during the reign of Emperor Alfonso VIII. The fortress served as the official residence for the family of Emperor. Since then, the Alcazar has been uses as a royal palace, has housed the Royal Artillery College, a state prison and a military academy. Today, the magnificent fort is one of Spain’s major historical sites. A must see within the fort is the Hall of Ajimeces, the Hall of Kings and the Hall of the Throne.
Trivia- It is rumoured that this fortress was the inspiration behind Cinderella’s Castle in Disneyland!
Alcazar Of Segovia Travel Tips
- Although wheelchair friendly, some parts of the fortress are not wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alcazar Of Segovia
- Adults: €5
- Groups of 20 people or more, people over 65 and School children: €3
- Prices exclusive of entry to Tower of Juan II. Entry to the tower is €2.
- Guided tours (exclusive of entrance fees): €1
- Audio guides (exclusive of entrance fees): €3
- Free entry on every Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (only for European Union)
How to Reach Alcazar Of Segovia
- Old city bus stop
- Cafeteria within the premises of the fort.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Segovia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Segovia and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Segovia include Alcazar Of Segovia in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.38% of people start their Alcazar Of Segovia visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Alcazar Of Segovia
71.84% of people prefer walking in order to reach Alcazar Of Segovia