Arcadian StreetCurrently Open
- Address: Selcuk, Turkey Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Theatre, Family And Kids
Visit the remarkable ancient street that lies between the Harbour Baths and the great theatre. Traders and sailors who used to arrive into the city of Ephesus from the port, would first arrive on this street. That’s why, the street was ornamented with beautiful marble slabs and colonnades to make the street look impressive for the visitors. The street is around 530 meters long and 11 meters wide, built during Hellenistic period. It was again renovated during the rule of Emperor Arcadius and from here; the street received its name. Both the sides of the street were filled with shops, galleries and decorated gates shaped like monumental arches. For this reason, it was the only illuminated street during that period. You can still see some of the structures of street lights remaining till date.
Arcadian Street Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes as you need to walk a lot.
- You can visit the place within the opening hours of Ephesus city.
How to Reach Arcadian Street
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Selcuk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Selcuk and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Arcadian Street Address: Selcuk, Turkey
- Arcadian Street Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Arcadian Street(preferred time): 03:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Arcadian Street: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
60.37% of people who visit Selcuk include Arcadian Street in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
38.46% of people start their Arcadian Street visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Arcadian Street
69.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arcadian Street
People normally club together Curetes Street and Trajan's Fountain while planning their visit to Arcadian Street.