Ayasuluk FortressCurrently Open
- Address: AyasulukKalesi, Selcuk, Izmir, 35920, Turkey Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Hill, Nature
Situated on Ayasuluk Hills, visit the best achievement of Ephesus city called Ayasuluk Fortress. However, the complete fortress faced destructions due to natural calamities and invasions of the outsiders. With excavation work that went for nearly 5 years ultimately led to the discovery of this magnificent castle. Some of the belongings founded during excavation dates back to years when the first settlement of Ephesus took place and beyond that. The partially restored fortress that has been discovered has the architectural design dates back to the Byzantine, Seljuk and Ottoman times. A visit to this fortress will let you see some of the portion of the castle like the basements, hamam and mescit (small mosque). In the interior portion, you get to see the three houses of the Kale Mosque and 15 bedrooms of the Southern Terrace that were uncovered.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ayasuluk Fortress
- Admission includes Basilica of St. John – TL10
How to Reach Ayasuluk Fortress
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Selcuk before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Selcuk and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ayasuluk Fortress Address: AyasulukKalesi, Selcuk, Izmir, 35920, Turkey
- Ayasuluk Fortress Timing: 08:00 am - 06:30 pm
- Best time to visit Ayasuluk Fortress(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ayasuluk Fortress: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
38.56% of people who visit Selcuk include Ayasuluk Fortress in their plan
58.33% of people start their Ayasuluk Fortress visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ayasuluk Fortress
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ayasuluk Fortress
People normally club together Trajan's Fountain and Isa Bey Mosque while planning their visit to Ayasuluk Fortress.
People also prefer to start their day with Ayasuluk Fortress.