Paradisarhellir Cave942 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fit, Iceland, Selfoss
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, Family And Kids
The Paradisarhellir Cave also popularly known as Paradise Cave is a famous attraction in South Iceland just near the Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Reaching the cave requires a small hike and a little climbing. The cave is quite well known in Iceland for a 16th century love story that is associated with it. A young man named Hjalti was in love with a well off lady called Anna. Anna’s brother was against the relationship and tried his best to stop it, so Hjalti had to run off and hide for 4 years in the cave. Inside the cave one can find many inscriptions said to be from the 16th century. The cave is an ideal place for tourists who don’t mind getting their clothes dirty and want some hands on adventure.
Paradisarhellir Cave Travel Tips
- The path from parking to the cave may get muddy and swampy so wearing of gum boots with good grip is recommended.
- One has to climb to the cave using a rope so it is not recommended for people having a heart disease or similar ailments.
Paradisarhellir Cave Hours
- Sunset and sunrise timings may drastically vary in Iceland and thus visiting timings should also be altered according to month of visit.
How to Reach Paradisarhellir Cave
- By renting a car.
- By tour bus.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Selfoss before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Selfoss and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.74% of people who visit Selfoss include Paradisarhellir Cave in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
55.17% of people start their Paradisarhellir Cave visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Paradisarhellir Cave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Paradisarhellir Cave