Are you looking for what to do in Selfoss?
PLACES TO SEE:
Some of the must-see tourist attractions in Selfoss city are:
- Selfoss Geyser: One of the first Geysers to be known to modern Europeans. The geyser erupts with a spout of boiling water and is a major crowd puller.
- Kerid Crater: It is a volcanic crater lake located on the Golden Circle, a popular tourist circle. It is believed to have been formed by a volcanic explosion.
- Paradisarhellir Cave: This natural cave is a good climb option for interested travelers. Ropes and chains hang from the cave to assist climbing. The walls of the cave are covered with inscription.
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall: They are one of Iceland’s most popular waterfalls. The beautiful scenery is ideal for photography enthusiasts.
- The Icelandic Turf House: A classic example of Icelandic architecture and how houses were built to survive the cold climate.
- Wood & Art: This is a workshop and gallery that houses various pieces of art and invention in genuinely made by the artist.
THINGS TO DO:
Selfoss has quite a few things to do in and around the city:
- Safaris: Take a tour of the various Glaciers, volcanoes and go offroading into the Icelandic countryside.
- Nightlife: Fron is a popular bar & nighclub in Selfoss with great music and drinks.
- Speed Boat Tours: White water jet boat rides are very popular with adrenaline junkies and others. A lot of skill is required to navigate through the treacherous turns and rapids.
- Horseback Riding: Iceland is quite famous for its beautiful ponies and horses. Touring the countryside on horseback is an excellent way to observe nature very closely.
Below we have a list of things to do in Selfoss and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Selfoss getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Selfoss with confidence.