How to Reach Sendai-shi - The Easiest Way to Reach Sendai-shi
- By Air: Sendai Airport (SDJ) receives mostly domestic flights but also connects to Honululu, South Korea, Taiwan and China. A train runs to JR Sendai Station from the airport.
- By Train: Sendai Station receives the Tohoku Shinkansen which is the most popular way into the city. Common cities from which to arrive here are Akita, Tokyo, and Aomori.
- By Bus: JR Bus Tohoku,Tohoku Kyuko, Kintetsu, Willer Express and the Meitetsu are all various bus services that, among them, connect to major cities such as Yokohama, Shinagawa, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nagoya. Exploring other cities in the Tohoku region of Japan will have to be based from Sendai itself.
- By Ferry: Taiheiyo Ferry connects to Nagoya, and also Tomakomai in Hokkaido.
- By Subway: There is only one subway line going from north to south, connecting the major shopping districts.
- By Bus: The Loople Sendai bus makes a stop at each major attraction in the city, so if you know your attraction’s Loople number, it’s easy to identify the stops. Tourists may find the other bus services difficult to navigate, so look up the travel guide.
- By Car: This is probably the best option. Rent a car, learn the road rules, and drive yourself around the city. This is especially convenient if you’re looking to head to the attractions just outside the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis can be expensive, but useful in a pinch.
Are you looking for a Sendai-shi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Sendai-shi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Sendai-shi. The most preferred mode of transport in Sendai-shi is Car.
Average distance: 35 km Average time: 65 min
Car 100%Driving 65 min Overall average time for 35 kms 65 min
How to Reach Sendai-shi from Nearby Cities
|Akita to Sendai-shi||150.75 km||2 hours 30 mins|
|Narita to Sendai-shi||222.53 km||3 hours 42 mins|
|Goshogawara to Sendai-shi||223.42 km||3 hours 43 mins|
|Kumagaya to Sendai-shi||244.53 km||4 hours 4 mins|
|Tokyo to Sendai-shi||252.69 km||4 hours 12 mins|
|Yokohama-shi to Sendai-shi||277.34 km||4 hours 37 mins|
|Oshamanbe to Sendai-shi||368.7 km||6 hours 8 mins|
|Iwata to Sendai-shi||449.5 km||7 hours 29 mins|
|Nagoya-shi to Sendai-shi||510.57 km||8 hours 30 mins|