Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1-3-7 Gorin, Miyagino-ku, Sendai 983-0842, Miyagi Prefecture, Sendai-shi, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +81-222953956
- Ticket Price: 200 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids
A quick word about the architecture of this building; it is one of the oldest western style structures in the city, from 1874, and used to be a training barracks. This museum is held to be precious because it preserves important collections of traditional items, most of which were otherwise destroyed in the Allied bombings of World War Two. Exhibits are quite eclectic, for example there's a hall of old luggage and tourism, another of 19th century Japanese farm equipment, a section on clothing and apparel, and a cute area focusing on traditional toys. An interesting exhibit is one that looks like the 21st century modern decor adapting to traditional and minimalist Japanese decoration. And finally there's a section devoted to the military. Most of these exhibits focus on the Meiji period of Japan.
Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore Travel Tips
- Limited paid parking is available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore
- Adults 200 yen (160 yen for groups of 30+)
- High School 150 yen (120 yen for groups)
- Children 100 yen (80 yen for groups)
Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore Hours
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on Monday (If Monday is a National Holiday, then Tuesday); 4th Thursday of the month (Except during December); New Year Holidays; and some maintanence days.
How to Reach Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore
- JR Trains: Take the Senseki Line to Tsutsujigaoka Station.
- Akita Shinkansen, Joban Line, Namboku Line, Senseki-Tohoku Line, Senzan Line, Tohoku Line, Tohoku Shinkansen, Tozai Line stop Sendai Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sendai-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sendai-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.69% of people who visit Sendai-shi include Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore in their plan
95% of people start their Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore
People normally also visit Atago Shrine while planning their trip to Sendai City Museum Of History And Folklore.