The Miyagi Museum Of Art64 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Japan, Yubinbango980-0861 Miyagi Prefecture, Sendai, Aoba-ku, Kawauchimotohasekura 34-1, Sendai-shi
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-222212111
- Ticket Price: 300 JPY
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Cafe, Family And Kids, Architecture
This museum wins on every level. First, check out the incredibly stylish architecture. Even the café is swanky-looking, with designer and antique furniture. Next check how the lighting has been organized to best highlight the best feature of each exhibit. And of course the experts themselves are the stars of the show. Most of the works of art are paintings and printings by artists both Western and Japanese. They mostly pertain to the Miyagi prefecture. But the main attraction is the gallery of the world famous sculptor Churyo Sato. Finally, there's a public studio here that you can make use of to create personal works of art.
The Miyagi Museum Of Art Travel Tips
- Check out the cafe.
- Check the attraction website for upcoming exhibits.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Miyagi Museum Of Art
- College Students: 150 yen
- Groups of 20+ may avail discounts
- Special exhibitions may have their own admission fees.
The Miyagi Museum Of Art Hours
- Closed on Mondays, except in case of national holidays, in which case it's closed the next day.
- Last admission at 4:30 pm.
How to Reach The Miyagi Museum Of Art
- From Sendai Station, take bus for Kotsu Koen at No.16 bus stop; stop NikoMiyagiken-Bijutsukan Mae.
- From Shonai Bank at Aoba-dori Ave, take Miyagi Kotsu Bus for Kawauchi; stop NikoMiyagiken-Bijutsukan Mae.
- Take the Loople Bus
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sendai-shi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sendai-shi and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.71% of people who visit Sendai-shi include The Miyagi Museum Of Art in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
86.67% of people start their The Miyagi Museum Of Art visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see The Miyagi Museum Of Art
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Miyagi Museum Of Art